Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 01-08-2005, 10:38 AM   #1
1TUFEA
MONTY is Alive !

Question MPFI conversion complete !

Well after about 4 days the mpfi conversion was a success but with a few problems now. The first is that i have no kickdown cable another is that when i first start it after sittng for about 1/2 hour or more it idles really bad dropping revs down to about 100rpm and once going its revs between about 1200 rpm and 1500 rpm. Also i have lost all power in 1st gear it now no longer can pull a skid : the last problem i have is that the accelerater cable has like a notch in it a slight foot on the pedal is alright but about a 1/4 of the way in it like clicks in then the car starts to acclerate has anyone had these problems before i cant seem to find the source of the problems.

1988 Ford Fairmont EA Series 1

MODS: Hurricane Extractors, Red dash light, Fake Xenon Lights, Mpfi Conversion, Dumpage, 17" ANZ Mayhems (Chrome)

TO COME: 5 speed trans, 4.11 LSD, Carputer, Stage 2 cam, Major Head Work . :
1TUFEA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post