Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 25-09-2007, 01:14 PM   #1
Linz
*SILVER SERVICE PILOT*
Donating Member1

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: For his technical submissions. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with good, solid advice. 
Default AU3 SR grille colour

Hey everyone, I've already put this question in paint and panel section, but I thought I'd ask here as well...does anybody know the paint colour of the AU3 SR grilles? It's not the body colour grille (obviously) but it just looks like a matt black colour. The car belongs to my nephew and it's badly in need of a freshen up! Cheers Linz.

Linz is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2007, 02:31 PM   #2
Chippar
The Ancient Warrior

You could try SATIN BLACK to give the blades just a little sheen, but not glossy. The matt black is too flat in my opinion and reminds me of a school blackboard lol.
Why not paint it the same as the body colour like the SR's are. They're all colour coded to the body paint and I think that they look good. But each to his own preference of course.
Chippar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2007, 08:02 PM   #3
Linz
*SILVER SERVICE PILOT*
Donating Member1

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: For his technical submissions. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with good, solid advice. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippitydip
You could try SATIN BLACK to give the blades just a little sheen, but not glossy. The matt black is too flat in my opinion and reminds me of a school blackboard lol.
Why not paint it the same as the body colour like the SR's are. They're all colour coded to the body paint and I think that they look good. But each to his own preference of course.
Yes, I remember years ago using a VHT spray pack called "Bonnet and Trim" paint and it was satin black and gave a very nice low sheen finish. From memory, the AU2 SR had the body colour grille and the AU3 SR had the black finish...is that correct SR fans? Cheers Linz.
Old 25-09-2007, 08:26 PM   #4
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by linz
Yes, I remember years ago using a VHT spray pack called "Bonnet and Trim" paint and it was satin black and gave a very nice low sheen finish. From memory, the AU2 SR had the body colour grille and the AU3 SR had the black finish...is that correct SR fans? Cheers Linz.
spot on
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2007, 11:28 PM   #5
waggaclint
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thats it...my AUIII SR grill is a dark grey type of colour hey it would hard to colour match i reakon..maybe it might be worth checking how much a new centre peice will cost....
waggaclint is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2007, 01:21 PM   #6
Linz
*SILVER SERVICE PILOT*
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by waggaclint
thats it...my AUIII SR grill is a dark grey type of colour hey it would hard to colour match i reakon..maybe it might be worth checking how much a new centre peice will cost....
I was told by Ford spare parts that all grilles supplied over the counter are bare plastic : Cheers Linz.
Old 27-09-2007, 09:01 AM   #7
Fairlane
V8 Powaah

Yeah i resprayed mine with that bumper and trim black spray paint. It came up very nice and looked so much better than before. You can see the results in my workshop thread

XF S pack Sedan- AU 302 Windsor, T5, 2.77 LSD, Many Mods
Fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2007, 09:27 PM   #8
Linz
*SILVER SERVICE PILOT*
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairlane
Yeah i resprayed mine with that bumper and trim black spray paint. It came up very nice and looked so much better than before. You can see the results in my workshop thread
Hey Fairlane, I sprayed the grille this afternoon using the VHT Hood and Bumper satin black and it looks a million dollars! Looks especially good with the Narooma Blue colour. The finish on mine isn't textured like yours...I know the paint that you used, I used that on my XF bumpers years ago and they came up very well too...Cheers Linz.
Old 27-09-2007, 09:37 PM   #9
waggaclint
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

got any pics of it linz???
waggaclint is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2007, 01:29 PM   #10
Linz
*SILVER SERVICE PILOT*
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by waggaclint
got any pics of it linz???
Car's not here today but I'll see what I can do tomorrow...cheers Linz.