Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 14-06-2006, 02:58 PM   #1
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Default Trade it in??

Ok basically if i trade in the EB i can get a 04 XR6 for only 24k, is it worth it and would you do it??

Old 14-06-2006, 03:02 PM   #2
djmaker

all depends how much you think your car is worth... cause you can pretty much get 04 xr6 on carsales for around that mark with about 40-60 thousand km on em.... so yeah i wouldnt trade it in unless i was getting the same amount of pay out as if i was selling it or next to no diffrence.
djmaker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2006, 03:04 PM   #3
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

They will give 3,500 for mine, which is 100 bucks less than i paid 2 years ago.
Old 14-06-2006, 03:07 PM   #4
djmaker

well 3,500 is a pretty decent price that there giving but as i said with the trade in your getting basically the same deal as you would get from a private sale and you would still have the eb to sell... but.. then again its always your choice and if your more comftable dealing out side of a private sale then yeah...
djmaker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2006, 03:07 PM   #5
EFFalcon
Last warning

if you want a BA then i don't see why not, i guess the fact that you're in Tassie means prices are a fair bit different to the mainland.
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2006, 03:12 PM   #6
XRated
Shoot.

Look for a T2 TE50 :P

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2006, 03:32 PM   #7
LTDHO
The one and only

i'd never trade it in. You are not doing the dealer a favour and this will not help you financially, Even if they offer '$3000 minium trade in'

Sell the EB privately.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2006, 05:47 PM   #8
FRDXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
i'd never trade it in. You are not doing the dealer a favour and this will not help you financially, Even if they offer '$3000 minium trade in'

Sell the EB privately.

Still if the CBF is high and his only losing $100 over what he paid for it, could be a better move rather than mucking around for ages trying to sell the car, getting tyrekickers then having to organise classifieds, RWC etc
FRDXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post