Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 23-02-2007, 10:39 PM   #1
toolchick01
Now with an AU XR6

Default XR6 holding revs.

Hey all,

Not sure what exactly could be doing this, but when I drive with the A/C on, and under acceleration, the engine seems to be holding the revs at no less than 2000rpm for about 3 or so seconds during gear changes.

Has anyone had this, and if so, what did u do to fix it. It's not really that annoying, but on a hot day in peak hour traffic it's kind of painful.

Thanks in advance.

Toolchick01

1999 AU1 XR6 VCT - Now with a momo steering wheel!
Manual - 18" Koya Race Tek's Black with polished lip - Lowered - Series 2 tail lights - Pioneer P80 Head Unit - Clarion Front 6" Splits - JL 5x7's Rear Coaxials - Clarion 4x90w RMS amp - Clarion DPX1800 800w RMS mono - 2 Clarion PXW1251 400w RMS 12" subs

Team Deck Chair Member ............ Once you sit down, you'll never stand up.
toolchick01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2007, 10:45 PM   #2
2002auxr6
Drunk!

omg my car does the same thing and its ****ing me right off
Old 23-02-2007, 10:52 PM   #3
Tech Trainer
Are you sure about that?

Try the power steering preasure switch.

If you are good with a multimeter you can test it by unplugging it and checking continuity through the switch then with the engine running get someone to turn the steering wheel and see if it changes state (on to off or off to on). If it doesn't you have one cactus switch.

Another thing could be the adjustment of your clutch and/or clutch pedal switch. Again test it much the same as the previous switch by trying to make it change state and monitoring it.
Tech Trainer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2007, 11:34 PM   #4
5speedTE

I thought I was the only one with this problem, I have already replaced my power steering switch and it didn’t make a difference...

I have noticed one thing, the idle screw.....if you let the idle screw out a bit it will stop doing it.....But the down side is stalling...The car stalls or drops revs when turning or slowing down for traffic lights at around 40kms. Makes round-abouts impossible. hehe

I just took mine to Ford and it still does it, its really driving me nuts......does anyone know what it can be.....

Jason
* 2010 BMW 320i M Sport
5speedTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2007, 11:51 PM   #5
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

maybe try an ecu reset and relearn and see if it makes any difference? either that or in peak hour just leave it in first gear lol
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2007, 11:42 AM   #6
Burley
CRE.87V

mine is doing the same....trying everything to fix it...theres even a loud whirring noise when changing gears and slowing down
Burley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2007, 12:12 PM   #7
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

does it idle normally with the aircon on? or is the idle high?
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2007, 01:02 PM   #8
5speedTE

Yeah it idles fine with and without aircon....I have done the computer reset...Even got ford to re-program the idle codes and check for any faults....still does it.....

Im sure anyone with this problem will try anything to fix it cause its so so so anoying....

Jason
* 2010 BMW 320i M Sport
Old 24-02-2007, 02:04 PM   #9
AU2 Pursuit Ute
Fords : outlast Religion

Try Cleaning the Idle Solenoid(sits on top of throttle body undo 2 bolts and a wiring clip. also have new gasket on hand, worth the couple of $s) with carby clean sometimes they get sticky. Use Carby Clean (Aerosol Can) to Clean Throttle Plate (Butterfly) while you are at it. Then Disconnect Battery for a few minutes, re-connect and Turn everything on full (Hi-Beam, air cond+fan etc) rock steering side to side, drive car as you normally would for 5-10 mins then let idle in gear for a few mins. This should reset computor to suit your driving habits.
AU2 Pursuit Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2007, 02:13 PM   #10
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU2 Pursuit Ute
Try Cleaning the Idle Solenoid(sits on top of throttle body undo 2 bolts and a wiring clip. also have new gasket on hand, worth the couple of $s) with carby clean sometimes they get sticky. Use Carby Clean (Aerosol Can) to Clean Throttle Plate (Butterfly) while you are at it. Then Disconnect Battery for a few minutes, re-connect and Turn everything on full (Hi-Beam, air cond+fan etc) rock steering side to side, drive car as you normally would for 5-10 mins then let idle in gear for a few mins. This should reset computor to suit your driving habits.
These may help!

Cleaning ISC Valve
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showpos...9&postcount=43

Cleaning Throttle Body
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showpos...2&postcount=48

Setting Base Idle
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showpos...1&postcount=47

All the best with it.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2007, 02:28 PM   #11
AU2 Pursuit Ute
Fords : outlast Religion

GK Well Done!! pictures say it soo much better
AU2 Pursuit Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2007, 07:05 PM   #12
toolchick01
Now with an AU XR6

Thanks for that guys. It idles normally, and there is no whirring while changing gears in mine. My mechanic also suggested I reset the ecu. I will give that a go when its not raining.

1999 AU1 XR6 VCT - Now with a momo steering wheel!
Manual - 18" Koya Race Tek's Black with polished lip - Lowered - Series 2 tail lights - Pioneer P80 Head Unit - Clarion Front 6" Splits - JL 5x7's Rear Coaxials - Clarion 4x90w RMS amp - Clarion DPX1800 800w RMS mono - 2 Clarion PXW1251 400w RMS 12" subs

Team Deck Chair Member ............ Once you sit down, you'll never stand up.
toolchick01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2007, 02:54 PM   #13
5speedTE

I also dont have a whirring noise, i have now reset the ECU and cleaned all ground wires.... I have also cleaned the ISC and inatalled a new gasket....

Still does it?
* 2010 BMW 320i M Sport
Old 25-02-2007, 03:51 PM   #14
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Don't quote me on this ! , but i have heard of this problem be4 on another model car , and from what i heard the problem was the main pulley belt was too tight ! ???? , loosening the main drive belt just a tadd fixed the problem apparently (in the case i read about anyway) ? - dont ask me how or why ? , just something i read a while back .

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2007, 05:44 PM   #15
5speedTE

Thanx XR6-VCT, ill give it a go but I think the au's have an automatic belt tensioner, but ill check it out.

Thanx

Jason
* 2010 BMW 320i M Sport