Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 10-02-2007, 04:48 AM   #1
FlappyMacNaps
Starter Motor

Default Questions about EL. Advice needed for noob.

Hi, I am looking at getting Pedders Rear Super lows for my EL, they are cheap and they are low. what can I put up the front to match/combo pedders. New or old springs doesnt matter. Also, what are the best shocks for super lows. I know about lowered shocks, but are they really that low to justify a specific kind of shock?

also, what is the cheapest place to get pacemakers 4480's (whatever the comp model is) and what alternatives to a lukey sound can I get from the catcon back.? would a hks muffler perhaps give me a nicer 'tuned' sound?

cheers for any advice given in advance. means alot. driving myself :togo:

:

FlappyMacNaps is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2007, 10:01 AM   #2
bentles
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlappyMacNaps
would a hks muffler perhaps give me a nicer 'tuned' sound?
are you aiming for that or what?
ive got a redback catback system and it sounds tops, thne again got it with a hi flow cat and extractors aswell but not pacies. sounds more like a ferrari but not quite there than a ricer or a ford for whatever reason, its a higher pitch rev sound than a burble like i hear from most exhausted falcons its kinda hard to explain, was burning around the city last night revving and stuff and engine braking and it really sounded much like a ferrari, as when the throttle was planed it had that high pitch rev but didnt sound weak at all and when decelerating there was so much rumble and popping which made it sound ferrari like again, of course its not as amazing sounding as a real ferrari but me and a mate both noticed it really sounded like one...
bentles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2007, 11:24 AM   #3
bentles
Banned

just to clarify incase someone wants to pick a fight im not sittin here goin sick broz my eb sounds like a ferrari bro. lol it just sounds similar im not a retard either :P
Old 10-02-2007, 12:39 PM   #4
XR6TickfordBoy
Now XR8TickfordBoy

/\ /\ /\
Good to see ur powers of foresight, there's plenty of members that would have a dig at u for comparing ur e-series to a Ferrari! I know what u mean it has similar tendencies to a ferrari style exhaust sound. If u put a HKS exhaust on it will be too much and too rice, as Bentles is trying to say extractors, hi-flo cat and a mandrel bent 2.5" system will make ur Falcon sound tough enough without putting Milo Tin mufflers and crap on it! Go the shortened shocks aswell!
EF XR8- Respray in Monza Red with Clear Coat, Custom Rear Bar, AU V8, EL GT MAF, Rebuilt and Strengthened Auto with Stage 2 Shift Kit, 2,500RPM Stallie and tranny cooler, Rebuilt Diff with 4.11 Gears, Custom Radiator, King Ultra Lows, Pedders Shocks, NL Concorde Rims.
XR6TickfordBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2007, 12:53 PM   #5
bentles
Banned

yeh :P its happened before when talking about someons 528i with exhaust comparing it to an m3, i think i was called a down syndrome kid m3 wannabe or something ahaha
Old 11-02-2007, 07:31 AM   #6
FlappyMacNaps
Starter Motor

i wasnt looking for a rice sound, i was going to fit 2 resonators on the link if it was possible. I dont want a loud exhaust, i want it to sound pronounced and tight, not muffled and droney.. i like my stereo sound i dont want to hear too much balls out exhaust scaring grandma's etc. it was fun, but i am not after that anymore.

Bentles. any chance of getting a sound bite of your car, i'd be really interested in hearing it, btw a full zorst and pacies are planned so it will sound nice, i just want to know if anyone knew of alternatives to the regular kits u can get prefab, also, fabricating stuff is no effort in this family so anything can go.

cheers.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:13 AM   #7
bentles
Banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvqVlv7Udc0
thats as of the day i got it, sounds a fair bit different now and completely different while driving, when accelerating in low gears like 40-70 in first it revs real high pitch and then when u back off it pops and crackles and sounds insane :P
Old 11-02-2007, 11:55 AM   #8
FlappyMacNaps
Starter Motor

yeh, that's nice ! more euro sound, than bubbly, that's what i was thinkin of. Cheers for sharing that, btw. Is that 2.5 ? i've heard a 2.14 will give me more low down ? I.e Better take off, i'd prefer to make more torque lower down than revv teh box of the big donker.

ok so, I'm going the low shocks and super low springs. are GT monroe good ? or are there better shocks for the money, i.e will last the time i'll own the car (3 - 5 years, hopefully)