Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-06-2005, 07:12 PM   #1
MrQuan
Social Disaster

Default ACA Tonight - Holden hoons website

Did anyone else catch this on ACA tonight? It was a small story about a forum, I can't remember it and I'm so curious...

It was some Holden Hoons forum were they brag about their burnouts and street drags and generally bag the boys in blue.

I didn't catch the name of the forum but I'm curious to see what the big deal is about. Apparently the cops are trying to ban it.

3.73 LSD | Darkest legal tint | tinted back lights | Sprayed Dash | Custom Trims
Sound System:
Fusion front splits, rear 3-ways, and 2 x 12" subs with ctrl, 3 x Fusion amps | Clarion HU | 1F Cap | 60GB Zen Xtra | 800W RMS output!
MrQuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2005, 07:17 PM   #2
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

wish I saw that!
Old 29-06-2005, 07:23 PM   #3
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

and people wonder why we won't have that sort of crap on here.
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2005, 07:26 PM   #4
PULLY6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The front page of the Advertiser was good today:

HOLDEN HOONS
(and a big pic of a VN SS doing a stanstill)
Old 29-06-2005, 07:27 PM   #5
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

haha someone post it up!!

There was in an article in the local paper here a while ago complaining the commodore cruises that occur in Vic. Out of control hoons or something along those lines.
Old 29-06-2005, 08:59 PM   #6
AdzT3-146
own the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansedgli
haha someone post it up!!

There was in an article in the local paper here a while ago complaining the commodore cruises that occur in Vic. Out of control hoons or something along those lines.
yeh i read that too, i'm fairly certain that was commodore cruise club , which after attending their last meet, i couldn't help but think it was a massive media beatup
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
Id rather date a goat with syphilous then drive a maloo.
AdzT3-146 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2005, 07:28 PM   #7
Psycho Chicken
Banned

It made the front page of an Adelaide paper apparently. Missed it on ACA, hopefully someone will upload it before too long.

The site is down for "maintenance" :rolleyes:

Dunno if I should post the link, I'll let someone else get in trouble or an ok from the admin.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2005, 08:10 PM   #8
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
It made the front page of an Adelaide paper apparently. Missed it on ACA, hopefully someone will upload it before too long.

The site is down for "maintenance" :rolleyes:

Dunno if I should post the link, I'll let someone else get in trouble or an ok from the admin.
Post a link .. this is to show case their stupidity, not to support them.
Old 29-06-2005, 07:51 PM   #9
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Got alittle upset where one of there signatures say...

Dead caps are top cops....
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2005, 07:56 PM   #10
zetec
Zoom Zoom

A rolling Commodore gathers no moss

Just Rust...
Old 29-06-2005, 08:15 PM   #11
davocol
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Try here http://www.theadvertiser.news.com.au/?from=ni_cover
Old 29-06-2005, 08:21 PM   #12
Jamie XR6
3FB Detailing Tragic

****The 20-year-old (RCK vice president Nathan) admitted it would be hard to change the club's hoon image. "Even when we go out driving, we still have that negative perception from people," he said.****

Gee, I wonder why?
03 BA XR6T, Black, T5, Unichip tuned by Autotech Engineering (235.5 rwkW), BPT short shifter, Custom Leather, 18" rims, PBR sports calipers, Lowered, Tint, duel CAI & BMC filter, AWC bits, custom stripes.

My Website
Jamie XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2005, 08:17 PM   #13
greyute

Ha HA, Good one .
Saw the headlines on T.V. and straight away thought Commodore !!! Then looked at the missus and said, "this will be on AFF tonight for sure".
Week after week there is sure to be some HOON story on either ACA or Today Tonight, odds on...
Keep up the good woork 7 & 9 better entertainment than 10s big brother!!!!!!!!

Last edited by greyute; 29-06-2005 at 08:24 PM.
greyute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2005, 08:19 PM   #14
Ghiadude
FORMERLY TX3DUDE

Hahahahahahah!!!!!!
Ghiadude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2005, 08:20 PM   #15
neb
hibernating

i think this is the forum - in maintenance mode. http://ragerz.proboards42.com/index.cgi
neb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2005, 08:26 PM   #16
Psycho Chicken
Banned

That's the one Neb, can't wait til it opens again, it's gonna have half of Australia flaming the hell out of them!
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2005, 08:34 PM   #17
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Their problem is it's waaaaaaaaaaaay too late.
Old 29-06-2005, 09:09 PM   #18
The Dok
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQuan
Did anyone else catch this on ACA tonight? It was a small story about a forum, I can't remember it and I'm so curious...

It was some Holden Hoons forum were they brag about their burnouts and street drags and generally bag the boys in blue.

I didn't catch the name of the forum but I'm curious to see what the big deal is about. Apparently the cops are trying to ban it.
e I saw it (the "story") too. What a typical "toe in the water" p*ss poor under-researched Today Tonight load of crap it was, even down to the police officer walikin in & "squeezing" in behind his desk, but never said a bloody word!!! What annoyed me the most in this "story" was the the footage of the commo pilots doing burnouts & circlework with the SAME audio we hear on all the supacheeeeep/ V8 S/C & Calder Raceway adverts, you know the 1!!!! _
Old 29-06-2005, 09:25 PM   #19
AdzT3-146
own the road

http://www.theadvertiser.news.com.au...55E910,00.html

article from todays Adelaide Advertiser
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
Id rather date a goat with syphilous then drive a maloo.
AdzT3-146 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2005, 09:59 PM   #20
lizardmech

I think your car club has pretty much failed image wise when you can't even spell the words in the name correctly.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2005, 10:01 PM   #21
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

What upsets me about all this is that people who may have watched that or seen the article, regardless of it being about HOLDEN may think that most car forums are about burnouts and total disregard to the law. Would be a good idea for AFF to appear on ACA or Today Tonight and show the other side - the mature side of a car forum. Show people that our's is a family forum and a community of people Aus wide that help each other and so on... Basically show people what AFF is about and what we think of HOONS!

When I read stuff like that I tell you what - I'm even more proud that I'm a FORD owner and a member of AFF
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2005, 10:12 PM   #22
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah but could it be also possible they might dig up some stuff here thats bad. I guarentee you thats what they would show before anything else. Its a forum i think its just bad supervision and moderation thats made it bad. If they had the same mods and admins as we do here it wouldnt be that way.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2005, 10:43 PM   #23
lizardmech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairmont_Krissy
What upsets me about all this is that people who may have watched that or seen the article, regardless of it being about HOLDEN may think that most car forums are about burnouts and total disregard to the law. Would be a good idea for AFF to appear on ACA or Today Tonight and show the other side - the mature side of a car forum. Show people that our's is a family forum and a community of people Aus wide that help each other and so on... Basically show people what AFF is about and what we think of HOONS!

When I read stuff like that I tell you what - I'm even more proud that I'm a FORD owner and a member of AFF
I don't know that it would be a very good idea, they consider pretty much any car enthusiest a hoon and they are more interested about making things sound as bad as possible than accurate reporting. ACA and TT are not even proper news they are more an entertainment show inspired by real events.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2005, 10:05 AM   #24
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:

Krissy I reckon that is a Bloody Good Idea. Better still, get them to come and cover our Weekend in Wagga - serves 2 purposes that way, shows everybody who we are what we do, and gets us publicity!
Old 30-06-2005, 10:50 AM   #25
Heeno
Formally knowen as EBus

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
Krissy I reckon that is a Bloody Good Idea. Better still, get them to come and cover our Weekend in Wagga - serves 2 purposes that way, shows everybody who we are what we do, and gets us publicity!
yep fully agree, then again knowing the media they will probably twist the whole story and make us look bad...there very good at doing that to very innocent people.

Changes: 5 spd manual
Extractors, 2.5in exhaust
AMG Quake 17's w/ maxxis rubba
Lovelle superlows
Cheap a55 Pod Filter

Bike: CR250R 05 :evil3:
Heeno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2005, 07:15 PM   #26
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

Quote:

yea thats fair enough, myself and a few other members of a brisbane based forum did this and even had a article on today tonight, not only did today tonight it up but we have had some very nasty threats, etc...... there are alot of knobs out there that after seeing a FF.com sticker on your car might decide that its a good ****ing post or key sharpener :

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2005, 10:18 PM   #27
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

There is nothing on this forum that would even come close to being an issue

Its through the moderation and admin team that we can thank. :

And to think the amount of bagging we copped because we pulled threads with public road burnout pics and editing post with illegal speeds. :sm_headba

I am just glad its been our policy all along and had have the support of 99.5% of members.

:sm_headba :sm_headba out: :sm_headba :sm_headba

Last edited by Laminge; 29-06-2005 at 10:29 PM.
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2005, 10:24 PM   #28
palah
FirstFordAu2VCT

Hi,

i am new to these forums, and get a sense that we are all mighter than thou... just wondering as I have travelled over 60K+ a year (for the last 10 years) and found it does not make a difference what car somebody is driving, it is the person behind the wheel that controls it. From the inexperience of many P platers, over experience but failing hearing and eyesight of people with a hat on their parcel shelf to certain makes that seem to attract a larger share of 'hoons'. Traveling arround i see NOTHING that amazes anymore... From a guy in a datsun 180b (yes it was wet) doing handbreak turns in a narrow street, to a guy in an xy falcon so desperate to get ahead when the lane run out went up the dirt and gravel shoulder, lost control and spun out across the traffic and run head on into a car coming the other way. And yes there have been Commodore, Mercedes, BMW you name it... 'hoons' as well. Hey guys it is easy to pick fault with a particular brand but the real 'brand' we should pick fault with is the 'human kind'. Like how many times has somebody asked in this forum 'should a 'x' car beat mine or I left 'x' standing still or has pictures of their car doing a burnout... R we just gloating becasue they got caught, and it was a Holden? As i said I am only new and was wondering what happens when a Ford driver does something stupid...
Blue AU2 Fairmont Ghia - stock standard and staying that way (maybe)- Experience :eclipsee_ has shown " why spend heaps of money on a car :gren:- WHY NOT BUY ONE SECOND HAND (THAT SOMEBODY ELSE HAS SPENT the $$$$$) _ FOR 'A FRACTION OF THE PRICE'!!!
palah is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2005, 11:05 PM   #29
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by palah
And yes there have been Commodore, Mercedes, BMW you name it... 'hoons' as well. Hey guys it is easy to pick fault with a particular brand but the real 'brand' we should pick fault with is the 'human kind'. Like how many times has somebody asked in this forum 'should a 'x' car beat mine or I left 'x' standing still or has pictures of their car doing a burnout... R we just gloating becasue they got caught, and it was a Holden? As i said I am only new and was wondering what happens when a Ford driver does something stupid...
First of all ... welcome to AFF

Now, point taken BUT as you can see this thread is titled "ACA Tonight - Holden hoons website" and the issue of the thread is that particular Holden website so naturally the majority of replies here will be biased towards Holden drivers.

Now I'm not saying that we FORD drivers don't do similar or same. We all do a little something BUT the majority don't come on this forum and publicly display downright illegal/stupid acts or make derogatory remarks towards the police force etc and then proudly jump on a ACA and brag about it.

Come onnnnn that's asking for trouble and it gives other car forums a bad name. We're are not a self centred bunch. If a FORD forum had been on ACA displaying the same thing - I assure you no-one would be impressed and would post our thoughts on that just as we're posting our thoughts on this Holden website issue.

However you have made some good points ...
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2005, 10:47 PM   #30
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

The articles titled BLOODY IDIOTS.

Isnt a BLOODY IDIOT (tm) someone who drinks n drives (according to TAC)?

Its stupid i agree broadcasting and showing pics of you doing illegal stuff all over the net, but i dont see why the police or anyone would start getting worked up over auto forums NOW.

Theyll just learn their lesson and starting posting anonymously or go back to bench racing. Wont change much on the streets. Sounds like a veeery slow news day to me.
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post