Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 11-02-2007, 09:31 PM   #1
rish
SUPERCHARGED FORTE

Default having problems with my transmission ?????

i have a au1 supercharged i just got my transmission fixed and put in a new stally it lasted three days before i lost third and fourth gear its my third transmission in three months what should i do how can i make it stronger???????????

rish is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2007, 10:33 PM   #2
just me
AU2 XR8

if you havent got these already kevlar bands, high energy frictions not sure if they make a z pack friction set for the 97le but ask ur local trans shop, big trans cooler and a 4l60e (commodore transmission) solenoid to use as an s5 the commodore solenoid lets you wind up line pressure so the shifts will be quicker as slow shifts with stuff the auto quicker than fast ones hope that helps
cheers
just me is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2007, 10:57 AM   #3
4dlvr
4dlvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by just me
if you havent got these already kevlar bands, high energy frictions not sure if they make a z pack friction set for the 97le but ask ur local trans shop, big trans cooler and a 4l60e (commodore transmission) solenoid to use as an s5 the commodore solenoid lets you wind up line pressure so the shifts will be quicker as slow shifts with stuff the auto quicker than fast ones hope that helps
cheers
if faster shifts prolong the life of your tranny, why not get a shiftkit
4dlvr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2007, 11:52 AM   #4
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

I've always wondered how strong these trannys are too ! , as even the I6 stock gives it a caning imo. The tranny in my car now feels looser and more worn than what my old tranny in my XE with the v8 felt like, and that tranny was twice as old nearly . hmmmm ?

I don't think you need to go as far as a commodore tranny ! ..lol , but a shift-kit and large tranny cooler would definately be an advantage to you being your car has a stally and is supercharged ! . gl.

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2007, 12:50 PM   #5
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you can get bellhousings tofit a c10 behind the au motors
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2007, 01:54 PM   #6
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

Are the second hand AU transmissions worth anything? Mines perfect but thinking of ditching it in favour of a manual.

Rish - what sort of power you pushing out to destory them so easy?
Old 12-02-2007, 05:29 PM   #7
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rish
i have a au1 supercharged i just got my transmission fixed and put in a new stally it lasted three days before i lost third and fourth gear its my third transmission in three months what should i do how can i make it stronger???????????
Sounds like you need a better tranny builder. Ring C&J performance transmissions in Railway St Yennora. They can build you a gearbox to suit your needs from full drag to street boxes with transbrake.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2007, 05:49 PM   #8
66 coupe
around the place

check the trans fluid, is it burnt or clean?
Sure its not the gear positon switch, if faulty it can make the trans do a lot of weird things.
A std trans with a shiftkit should hold up to that amount of power without too much issue, we have plenty customers running around that power figure on std auto's with only a shift kit.

3 trans in 3 months = you got a problem somewhere.....
Old 12-02-2007, 10:30 PM   #9
just me
AU2 XR8

xr6 vct 2000 if you read my post properly i never said to put a whole commodore trans in only use the vps solenoid out as a s5 in the 97le as the solenoid out of the 4l60e can be adjusted to boost up line pressure. go to a good trans shop in your area that deals with high performance we have a ba xr6 turbo that frequently comes into work we biult a beefed up btr that can handle the car doing regular 12 sec passes down the qaurter so no reasoin to change transmission just beef it up a bit
just me is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2007, 10:51 PM   #10
66 coupe
around the place

A shift kit from the link in my sig is a more cost effective method of increasing line pressure over changing the no.5 solenoid on the early BTR's (the AU's have adjustable VPS's) - and the end result is the same, but with the shift kit you have the advantage of turning it off whenever you want (ie mrs driving the car).
Old 13-02-2007, 05:18 PM   #11
rish
SUPERCHARGED FORTE

im going to give the shift kit a try thanks for everyones advice let you no how i go (au 220rwk best time 12.34qaurter mile no slicks)

Last edited by rish; 13-02-2007 at 05:40 PM.
rish is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post