Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 31-01-2006, 08:17 AM   #1
FordGirl
The Goodz' PR Manager

Default Stupid People

There were these 2 girls down at the service station in their little excel filling up with petrol, and one of the girls has said to the other "Something is really really wrong with my car, I have to take it to a mechanic", the other girl has agreed and said "you're right, I'd be taking it to a mechanic straight away, thats just not right!" ... they kept talking like this for a while then when she finished pumping the fuel she said "Yeah, I will take it to a mechanic, this isnt right. It takes a different amount of fuel EVERY time I fill it up!" :

I'm sure this has been done before, but what are the stupidest things you've heard people say about cars?

FordGirl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 08:20 AM   #2
Mrs347stroker
Banned

My friend had bought and brand new excel years ago and she said "the best thing about this car is it will never lose it's value". Pity she sold it for next to nothing when she bought a new car.
Mrs347stroker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 08:25 AM   #3
Ringo
I see you....

I was on a defensive driving course to get cheaper insurance years ago. During the panic brake and swerve monuvuers we where getting a bit of tyre smoke wafting around the place which this Sigma driving guy must have been smelling for the first time......because he comes out with this

"that smoke stinks.....can you get perfumed tyres that don't smell when you skid ?"
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 08:29 AM   #4
Paris Hilton
Custom User Title

"in a rear wheel drive car, the back brakes need to be bigger because that's where all the braking is done"
Paris Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 08:34 AM   #5
vanessa0305

My brother had a little Gemini and it had a sump oil leak. My dad (a mechanic for 50 years or so) told him to go to auto barn and get a kit and drain the oil and fit the new gasket. Well later in the day dad gets a call..."so what do I do with the left over bits of the gasket" WTF??
vanessa0305 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 10:08 AM   #6
Gunns
Banned

There is aways the good old "710"
Gunns is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 11:25 AM   #7
FordFan86
meow

I work in a service station, I get some reallllly good ones.
Only one that comes to mind right now tho is this: An Indian guy driving an XF came in and was at the back of the store for awhile.. I was just going to give him a hand when he came up to the counter, with 6 CJ8 spark plugs (lawnmower plugs I think, or toaster, one or the other) I asked if he was doing a bit of work on some lawnmowers, to which he replied "No they're for my car" I told him they won't fit and he should go down to supercheap and tell them what he has... I had a pretty good laugh at that afterwards.
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 11:27 AM   #8
Simmo
White Lightning

the usual people saying falcons have V6s. the same people usually drive commodores. also nearly going insane trying to explain diff ratios. "as if 4.11 will make it quick, the engine has to spin more, therefore it wont go as quick." nothing really dumb though.
Simmo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 11:34 AM   #9
FordFan86
meow

There's also the ones that think they know it, but in reality.. it just gives the rest of us a good laugh.
"Well, I've read turbo is better, because it doesn't drain any extra power from the engine"
"I've read that superchargers are bad because they use up to 30% of the engines power to drive it, and, in most cases the engine doesn't make the power back"
"What's that sponge thing at the front? (Exposer air filter on a 4cyl FWD...)"
"I just want to buy it so I can drive it till it blows a head gasket and I can get a full aftermarket rebuild"
People opening up their radiator caps while they are still under pressure on the driveway can give a few good laughs aswell.
EDIT: One fully sick kid I knew from school got himself a telstar wagon, he did a mechanics course and one lesson he brought his car into the workshop. The rest of the students where like "Whoa dude you have a turbo" (pointing at the carby) Even the teacher went along with it, for a few weeks.
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 10:30 PM   #10
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFan86
"Well, I've read turbo is better, because it doesn't drain any extra power from the engine"
"I've read that superchargers are bad because they use up to 30% of the engines power to drive it, and, in most cases the engine doesn't make the power back"
"What's that sponge thing at the front? (Exposer air filter on a 4cyl FWD...)"
^^ What j4m35 said.

Quoting friends on MSN is fun :P This particular fellow wants a CRX and keeps referring to it as a "rex". I think he's taken out a loan for it, but hasn't purchased it yet. He's in vic, the "rex" is in SA.
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 04:23 PM   #11
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFan86
People opening up their radiator caps while they are still under pressure on the driveway can give a few good laughs aswell.
Best one i've seen was on the SE freeway near mount barker. Guy had pulled over, i assume because the temp gauge must have been causing him some discomfort...

Im approaching as the bonnet is opened. I see him reach for the cap on the resevoir and im thinking "probably not the best idea if she's overheating...". Sure enough, i see the cap fly up and hit the underside of the bonnet... im pretty close to him now...

"thud thud" as i feel the cap go under my front tyre and then my back tyre...
Old 31-01-2006, 11:53 AM   #12
nang3

I get these 2 from my mates all the time;

"But LS2's have 297kw, you should have got one of them instead of a Typhoon with only 270kw"

OR

"My LS1 VY SS ute is 250kw and cost me $45K driveaway, your Typhoon is 270kw and was $55K so you paid $10K more for only 20kw !!! "
nang3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 12:07 PM   #13
naughtyfalcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

try telling a pers0n that kn0ws it all that deisels d0nt have spark plugs,,0r the h0le in the t0p is n0t where the water g0es.

and the 0ld ch0ke kn0b is n0t f0r h0lding handbags.
Old 31-01-2006, 12:10 PM   #14
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughtyfalcon
try telling a pers0n that kn0ws it all that deisels d0nt have spark plugs,,0r the h0le in the t0p is n0t where the water g0es.

and the 0ld ch0ke kn0b is n0t f0r h0lding handbags.
People that cannot type using the right keys...
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 12:10 PM   #15
Psycho Chicken
Banned

We had some old nutbag in at work the other day. Just had his car serviced (povo pack Impreza or something). Was ranting and raving that the oil was slightly high on the dipstick. I checked it, had to be 2 mm over, if that. Eh, sucked a bit out and topped it up.

He then came into the office abusing everyone, trying to tell us we were ripping him off charging him for the extra oil. When it was pointed out we weren't, he then decided the oil must of been high because we didn't replace the filter and just filled it up. ИИИИИing and moaning that we stole his new filter and it happened last time. In the end he was told to go forth and multiply.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 12:13 PM   #16
naughtyfalcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the keyboard is not working properly s shutup and find ut why smething is happening befre critisizing.

will be buying new this afternn if that k with yu..
Old 31-01-2006, 01:01 PM   #17
Felony
Wherever u go there u r

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughtyfalcon
the keyboard is not working properly s shutup and find ut why smething is happening befre critisizing.

will be buying new this afternn if that k with yu..
LMAO@ the Z in criticising
Old 31-01-2006, 01:03 PM   #18
gtfpv
GT

seen this a nice girl went into a service station saying there was something wrong with her car and it wont start . the polite gentleman behind the counter who was asian and not good at speaking english offered his assistance he went out and opened the radiator cap. the hot water and steam fountained out all over him . AHHHHHHHHH VATER. HE STATED . poor buggar i hope he got her phone number at least.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 01:35 PM   #19
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

my cousins friend asked me to look at her car as there was smoke coming out from the bonnet, and was using oil. i went and had a look at it, (early 626), opened the bonnet, laughed and asked her where the dipstick was....

she had taken the dipstick out to check the oil, then put the dipstick in the boot. then driven it, lots. so oil was coming out the hole and spraying onto the exhaust manifold. veeeeeery clever.
Old 31-01-2006, 02:23 PM   #20
Brent79

Those two idiots in logan who used a cigarette lighter to check if there was fuel in the tank. ...... There was *ouch*

Brent
Tickford Head and Wade 1004 cam
HP4 Chiptorque chip and XH intake

1992 DC LTD
5LTR DUEL FUEL
Brent79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 02:54 PM   #21
naughtyfalcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

all fixed now,,happy
Old 31-01-2006, 03:29 PM   #22
triple8nitro
Alternator

LOL ME LOL (i am stupid sometimes)(its a starter motor thing)
Old 31-01-2006, 07:14 PM   #23
sphell
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My mate decided to service his VK commodore once and put 6 litres of oil in without realising that you have to take the old oil out. Oil sprayed EVERYWHERE and covered the engine bay. Now it's kind of a running joke that whenever something goes wrong with his car we say "Maybe it needs some oil?"

I used to work at Strathfield back in the day which was clearly a car audio workshop and we had a lady come in wanting me to fit new tyres lol. :

There's been heaps more over the years but I can't think of them :(
sphell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 07:55 PM   #24
Henry4000
Keepin' it real

I had just fitted an ED motor to my XF and took it to the servo who advertised he would do engineer's certifications. He took one look and said, "this model was good when they put THIS engine in them, so, what am I certifying??"
THEN, I get 20 mins down the road with my FREE inspection slip and the cops pull me over, They ask me to pop the bonnet and the 2 cops have a look.
Cop #1 says "yes, this car was good when they fitted these engines."
I just agreed with him!
Cop#2 looks at the spaghetti-like intake manifold, smiles and says, "nice extractors."
gotta love 'em.......
Henry4000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 08:10 PM   #25
sphell
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

HAHAHA I wish I knew that engineer when I had the turbos on my EA. "Yeah this model was good when they put the turbos on em".......classic ;)
sphell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 09:31 PM   #26
Walkinshaw
Two > One

I know somone who thaught their car would go better if they used two dizzy gear drives

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 07:23 AM   #27
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

The best one for me of ALL time is the "well, they are the same as a Torana, wouldnt you have one of THOSE in stock?" I love the look on their face when you say Yes they are but we STILL dont have them
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 03:40 PM   #28
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Thats a crack up lol!!

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
snypereb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 04:16 PM   #29
BoZZa17
Lovin the Manual.

a mate in highschool. swore black and blue that the turbo flutter noise that you hear from alot of vl's was the turbo actually spinning BACKWARDS. =\ hawww diddy.
BoZZa17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 09:54 PM   #30
InitialD
Low and Loud

Being that I work at autobarn i get alot of laughs.. One recently

Steroid pumped wog comes in with his R33 Skyline that was soo stock it wasnt funny. Ofcourse had GTR decals from here to tasmania...

"Oi bro, I wanna get a boostgauge oright? what kinds ya got"
showed him some, then asked if it could be fitted. Turns out he didnt even have a turbo on the car. "Thought" that it could be wired up to go up with the speedo to impress the chicks :S

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post