Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 21-06-2006, 02:42 PM   #1
henz79

Default How do you know the tappets are faulty

Ive got the rack and rocker out but now they all look the same to me. How whould i know one is faulty....... THANKS BOYS

henz79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2006, 08:42 PM   #2
hako
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think you have to detect any faulty tappets with the motor running otherwise as you say "they all look alike". In a workshop they can do a "leakdown" test on each individual tappet which will identify any that have problems but this is hard to duplicate in your shed. If the tappets weren't noisy before you pulled it apart then thay should be OK. They should go back in the same bore they came out of.
hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2006, 08:49 PM   #3
MIEF9640

Arrow rockers

It sounds like you are talking about an e-series 3.9 or 4.0lt motor and not an x-series crossflow with lifters and pushrods you need to confirm what motor you have before checking the problem and asking for possibles what will happen is you will get the wrong info and still end up none the wiser.. :monkes:
MIEF9640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2006, 08:59 PM   #4
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIZJ8141
It sounds like you are talking about an e-series 3.9 or 4.0lt motor and not an x-series crossflow with lifters and pushrods you need to confirm what motor you have before checking the problem and asking for possibles what will happen is you will get the wrong info and still end up none the wiser.. :monkes:
considering he's asking in the eseries section, and he has said he has the rocker rack out it certainly sounds like he's got an OHC 6 to me
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2006, 10:37 PM   #5
Growler

I think it's a chick asking so 'he' does not go into this equasion. :Reverend:
Growler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2006, 10:39 PM   #6
MIEF9640

Question Tappets

T : HATS RIGHT BUT IF THATS THE CASE THEN HE/SHE HAS ALREADY BEEN LED WRONGLY AS THE LIFTERS ARE NOT IN THE BLOCK AS I AM AWARE . BIGGEST PROBLEM IS THE ROCKERS ARE NON ADJUSTABLE ON E-SERIES . THAT IS WHY HE WAS ASKED TO CONFIRM HIS MOTOR FOR ADVICE . :
MIEF9640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2006, 05:16 PM   #7
henz79

Sorry Boys, ive got a 3.9ltr engine EA..... Ive put in a EF rack which bolt in no probs.... but the tapping noise is still there.. thats why i ask how can i find out which tappets is faulty cause they all look the same...... maybe ill just change all the tappets.....
henz79 is offline   Reply With Quote