Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 23-12-2007, 09:12 AM   #1
peegood
Starter Motor

Default au brake rotors

anyone know bout straight slot/curved slot/ drilled rotors wots da go

peegood is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2007, 10:17 AM   #2
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Try www.dba.com.au or www.rda.com.au. Go see your local supercheap, or autobarn store - they can usually get both.

If you want specific information, try asking a specific question, and use english, not half sms speak (it's what's, and the and about - and yes, it will make a difference to who answers your post.)
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2007, 11:02 AM   #3
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

My front RDA slotted rotors that I put on my AUII ute lasted me 50,000km before they needed a gentle skim to remove the warp in them ... my Bendix General CT pads were getting low ... so i replaced them then and there.

This is on a ute that does a lot of city stop/start driving with decent loads in the back as well.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2007, 10:19 AM   #4
BillC

I went through this a few months ago and when all was said and done I decided to go with the RDA dimpled and slotted rotors. After speaking to everybody on this site and speaking to all the local suppliers I Google what I wanted and got a set for $230 delivered to my front door.
BillC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2007, 11:35 AM   #5
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I put dba slotteds on my wagon, had a fair amount of trouble with them.

I switched to rda slotteds and they are much better. I also have a full set on the SR sedan and they are great.

Rda slotteds will also be cheaper than dba items. If you do go rda rotors, make sure you paint the inner drum before you fit them though. Whilst rda are better than dbas IMO, they don't come with the drum painted as do dba discs.

See here.

De-rusting and painting rotors
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showpos...2&postcount=68

I didn't paint them before installation, and needed to later on. The next set I made sure to paint them up first. Whilst you're at it, you could paint the calipers red also.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showpos...8&postcount=76

All the best with it.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2007, 01:37 PM   #6
BillC

The rda's I got were annodised, and looked like gold. So Im guessing they wont rust. I have had mine on for about three months and so far so good. Mine were about $80 cheaper than the DBA equilivents.
BillC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2007, 02:28 PM   #7
XR Lita
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillC
The rda's I got were annodised, and looked like gold. So Im guessing they wont rust. I have had mine on for about three months and so far so good. Mine were about $80 cheaper than the DBA equilivents.
That would be because you ordered the set of RDA gold slotted and dimpled rotors. In time the zinc anodized lining will wear away, but only on the face of the rotor where the pads skim. They will last for a few years, depending on what your driving style is, and how many kms you do.

Nice choice by the way :

As for the original poster..

What info do you require on slotted/slotted & dimpled rotors? It helps if you provide a little more information on what you require. In short, the slots in the rotor help to keep the face of the rotor clear of dust and dirt, and also provide a little cooling between the face of the rotor and the face of the pad.