Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 01-08-2009, 11:22 PM   #1
nudder12
Starter Motor

Default AU2 headlight adjustment

Hi all.
I've seen a couple of threads about adjusting the headlight beams, but they all deal with the up or down direction - which I have no problem with using the orange knobs on the light housing.

My problem is that my headlights don't point along the road as I'd like e.g. the right hand side headlight points back toward the left side of the road too far. Not a huge way, don't get me wrong, but enough to be an issue I want to fix.

I can't find anything that gives that left to right adjustment on the lights. Does anyone have any solutions for this please?

nudder12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2009, 12:53 AM   #2
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

The lateral adjustment for your headlights is down through a hole on top of the radiator support panel and about 5cm in from where the guard meets the support panel. You need to put a phillips head screwdriver into the hole at about 45deg angled towards the guard and there's a white nylon phillips head screw like knob in there that you adjust. It can be hard to spot unless you know it's there so maybe use a torch to help spot it. Once you find it it's easy as to adjust. I hope the directions make sense. If you can't find it let us know and I'll take a pic tomorrow and point it out.

Bushbasher

PS. Welcome

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2009, 09:05 PM   #3
nudder12
Starter Motor

Thanks heaps Bushbasher.
I just checked it out and it's exactly as you explained.
Yayyy
nudder12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post