Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 06-02-2007, 11:59 PM   #1
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Default Smarlock remote reprogramming

I purchased a new remote but the instructions I was given on how to reprogram the remotes isn't working.

Can anyone tell me if this is right (au1).

Quote:
INSERT KEY INTO THE IGNITION SWITCH AND TURN TO ACCESSORY POSITION.

PUSH THE REAR DEMISTER/DEFOGGER BUTTON ON THE DASHBOARD,
THREE TIMES WITHIN FIVE (5) SECONDS,
LIKE PRESSING A DOORBELL, ON EACH PRESS.

WHAT SHOULD THEN HAPPEN, IS ALL DOORS WILL LOCK,
(THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF THE REPROGRAMMING PROCESS,)
NOW WAIT (10) TEN SECONDS OR SO.

NOW, PRESS THE DOOR BUTTON ON EACH OF THE KEYPADS INDIVIDUALLY,
THAT HAVE BEEN SET FOR REPROGRAMMING,
EACH PRESS SHOULD UNLOCK THE DOORS AND AUTOMAGICALLY RELOCK THEM.

ONCE ALL KEYPADS HAVE BEEN TESTED AND ARE OPERATIONAL TO THE NEW SETTING, TURN THE IGNITION KEY TO THE OFF POSITION AND REMOVE THE KEY,
ALL DOORS WILL THEN UNLOCK WITH THIS ACTION.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2007, 08:25 AM   #2
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Sounds right , allthough i have an au2. I remember on mine after pressing the rear demist 3 times that the indicators also flashed. Also all you have to press on the AU2 keypad is the unlock button to program it (same on the au1 i dont know sorry), and there is no 10 second wait after starting the reprograming process on the au2 aswell.

The procedure should be in your glovebox handbook that came with the car ( if you got 1 ? ) , it's explained in the au2 handbooks how to reprogram the keypads , im not sure about the au1 handbooks though.

cheers , gl

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2007, 08:47 AM   #3
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Switch ignition off and then to accessory (I) position.

Press the rear demister button 3 times within 5 seconds. The door locks will cycle to indicate that the system is in learn mode.

Press the "doors" (hello I love you won't you tell me your name! - sorry LOL!) button on each of the keypads in turn. Turn the ignition off. The door locks will cycle again to indicate the the keypads have been trained.

Page 65 of my S1 manual. The doors lyrics were added by me! LOL!

I would do two things, 1. not wait 10 seconds after the door locks have cycled, but I would press the first "door" button on the new keypad within 3 seconds after the door locks stop.
2. Once you've pressed the last "door" button, turn the ignition off and the locks should recycle again.

It appears that the instructions they gave you seem to have a few long pauses in the procedure and a long wait before turning the ignition off.

Give it another go with my suggestions and see how you go. The good thing is that it only takes 20 or so seconds from go to whoa!

Cheers,

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2007, 10:08 AM   #4
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Thanks guys.

I'll give it another go tonight.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2007, 03:09 PM   #5
4dlvr
4dlvr

i had to lock the doors first with mine
4dlvr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2007, 07:56 PM   #6
beaky41
AUII Fairmont Ghia

sorry if im wrong but I think the doors have to be closed when you do it

I aint as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was. _2:
beaky41 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2007, 08:30 PM   #7
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaky41
sorry if im wrong but I think the doors have to be closed when you do it
Correct!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2007, 11:02 PM   #8
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

I had posted a thread about this ages ago as I couldn't get my car into learning mode.

I forgot all about it till now, but in the end after at least 20 - 30 attempts I got my mechanic to do it with a service.

He said that sometimes they just won't go into learning mode - he reckons he ended up sitting in the car for around 10 minutes straight until finally it did it! I just hope I don't get another flat remote battery any time soon!
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2007, 09:01 AM   #9
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

I remember when i first reprogramed mine (the car came with a new unprogramed pad ? lol) i couldn't get it into learn mode / or open the boot with the boot-release switch inside the cabin (probably why it came with a new unprogramed keypad !).
I later realised that my rear demist button and boot release button were full of dust / or burned out a bit / or tarned from no use and the contacts in the switches were not connecting propperly (i had to push then wiggle the buttons to make them work).
I sprayed some contact cleaner in around the buttons and 'walah' , rear demist button then worked np and it went into learn mode straight away. Who ever owned the car before me must of never used the rear demist or boot release buttons ? .

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2007, 02:15 PM   #10
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6-VCT-2000
I remember when i first reprogramed mine (the car came with a new unprogramed pad ? lol) i couldn't get it into learn mode / or open the boot with the boot-release switch inside the cabin (probably why it came with a new unprogramed keypad !).
I later realised that my rear demist button and boot release button were full of dust / or burned out a bit / or tarned from no use and the contacts in the switches were not connecting propperly (i had to push then wiggle the buttons to make them work).
I sprayed some contact cleaner in around the buttons and 'walah' , rear demist button then worked np and it went into learn mode straight away. Who ever owned the car before me must of never used the rear demist or boot release buttons ? .
Very interesting! That may explain my problem - except that my demister switch seems to work fin, I will give it a try though at some stage!
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post