Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 16-02-2007, 05:22 PM   #31
Mark One
A humorous statement

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU dude
i saw an sr with a v8 badge on the side, i thought it just a six but it seemed to be low at the front for stock so i had a closer look and saw the badge, my jaw dropped, i wanted it!!! does that mean the v8 was an option or was this au a special order?????? or an ex cop??? ive also seen a series 1 forte with the cop special v8 no speed limiter , interior light kill switch, LSD and oil cooler.
Well I know the S had optional V8, seeming the S and SR are basically the same thing, the only difference I can see is the series. I guess so.

S

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
not using the search button makes the baby jesus cry.
Mark One is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2007, 12:47 AM   #32
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

250 SR V8s Were Made i think , Might have to check , but there werent many ,

Hmm , SRF6 , Interesting ...

AU2PWR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2007, 01:39 AM   #33
Chippar
The Ancient Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOON69
a dressed up forte that cant hold its own against the older cars (ef)

cruise control

power windows (fronts)

seats

body kit and colour coded all around

nice SR badge to feel special

oh yeah and nice exhaust tip

not worth the extra $$$$ though and my EF keeps the au sr wagon honest and mines stock as a rock..
I bought my AUII SR brand new in June 2001 and it was EXACTLY THE SAME PRICE as a standard forte. But the drawcard was all these freebies; Charcoal interior, elec front windows, colour coded bumpers, grille and side mouldings, chrome exhaust tip, rear boot wing, side skirts, 16" mags and 3 years free servicing AND the ghey SR decals.

There was no LSD and I think the suspension is standard although mine looks a little lower than other fortes. Also there is no special code on the ID plate to say it's an SR.

Anyway it's good value in my book and I ordered it from the factory and it is plated June 01, so it's not a runnout of an earlier model, just a lot of gimmies for free to improve sales statistics before the end of the 2001 financial year.

In fact it was such a success, that the SR was continued to the series III and then into the B series.
Chippar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2007, 02:21 PM   #34
Pies1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark One
Well I know the S had optional V8, seeming the S and SR are basically the same thing, the only difference I can see is the series. I guess so.
The S pak (mine) had better alloy wheels, and Xr6 HP suspension.
Pies1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2007, 08:32 PM   #35
P6LTD351
Blue Blood

front power windows were made standard in the AU series 1 update in '99. They shouldn't be thought of as a 'freebie' in SR models as they were already standard in all Fortes
P6LTD351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post