Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 28-12-2005, 03:15 PM   #1
5L
[ 5L ]

Default ef inlet manifold

as the title says, i just want to know how hard it is to change manifolds over, is it just the manifold that i need to get or is there anything else i need, i only really want it so i can run cold air, but make it look stock and to do that you need a box that sucks air in from the top. coz i am gonna cut a hole in the bottom of the box that goes through the panel, and put a pipe in place that runs to front bar, should work better than a pod sucking in engine bay heat. so how much would you pick a manifold up for. cheers fellas

[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
5L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2005, 03:19 PM   #2
EFFalcon
Last warning

why not box up a pod filter and run the pipe under?
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2005, 03:21 PM   #3
5L
[ 5L ]

coz the ef manifold looks better aswell
[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
Old 28-12-2005, 03:26 PM   #4
5L
[ 5L ]

and i want to do something like this to make the engine bay look better that what it does but i want to keep battery in place just bend the pipe round to the box on passenger side

www.ignitionimages.com
Old 28-12-2005, 03:27 PM   #5
steven95falc

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb5speed
as the title says, i just want to know how hard it is to change manifolds over, is it just the manifold that i need to get or is there anything else i need, i only really want it so i can run cold air, but make it look stock and to do that you need a box that sucks air in from the top. coz i am gonna cut a hole in the bottom of the box that goes through the panel, and put a pipe in place that runs to front bar, should work better than a pod sucking in engine bay heat. so how much would you pick a manifold up for. cheers fellas
I got one at home you can buy for $50 im in vic if your keen ? but dont know what else you need other than a pick up of the manifold to make the variable length work but makes good differance to torque curve
steven95falc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2005, 04:21 PM   #6
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

i think you need an EL manifold instead of EF, but im not 100% on that. i used an EL one on mine. its best to run an EL ECU with it (to control the manifold switching) but others have made up a unit that switches the runner length at the correct RPM. if you use the ECU that suits the manifold it will also control thermo fans if you use them.
Old 28-12-2005, 04:39 PM   #7
5L
[ 5L ]

cheers monty yeh wouldnt mind gettin rid of the clutch fan, how does all the throttle cable and fuel lines match up, can i still use my old fuel rail i dont really trust myself playin with injectors and similar

www.ignitionimages.com
Old 28-12-2005, 04:40 PM   #8
steven95falc

Quote:
Originally Posted by montyv8
i think you need an EL manifold instead of EF, but im not 100% on that. i used an EL one on mine. its best to run an EL ECU with it (to control the manifold switching) but others have made up a unit that switches the runner length at the correct RPM. if you use the ECU that suits the manifold it will also control thermo fans if you use them.
Isnt it manifold change over at bout 3800rpm ?
steven95falc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2005, 04:48 PM   #9
need psi
slow & low EA Ghia

that also involves changing most of the engine bay loom? doesnt it? personally i would stick to the ea one and do as ef falcon said and put a custom box around the air filter

Ehab

need psi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2005, 04:53 PM   #10
need psi
slow & low EA Ghia

you can also buy a kit that you make from jaycar that can switch between short and long runners on your bbm, there about 40bux i think, if you can solder there easy, and for controlling the thermos i have a little sensor in my lower termostat that earths out at 82degrees which turns on the fans and then wont un earth until it reaches about 76degrees. be alot easier doing it this way then changing ecu's.

Ehab

need psi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2005, 06:10 PM   #11
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

EF & EL manifolds are the same, it is the ecus that are not.
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2005, 09:38 AM   #12
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

fuel lines match up, you have to use an ef/l throttle cable, you dont need to change most of the loom, only add a few wires, yeah it changes @ 3800rpm, i'm using an au fuel rail and injectors on mine, not sure if the EB rail will fit but the injectors will.

cheers for that outback_ute, wasn't sure about the manifolds. i know that au ones are different