Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-03-2013, 12:57 AM   #1
XDOUBLEU

Default Drag racing with a toploader

Do any of you guys have any tips and tricks for racing with a toploader?

I have been having trouble with my shifts, especially 1st to 2nd at full noise. If I try to grab second in the burnout, It crunches and won't go into gear, and then second crunches after the launch too. But if I stay in first during the burnout, then I can get second ok after launch.

Is this an inherent problem with pushing a toploader hard? Or do I have a problem with my setup

The synchro looks ok, but I am considering removing every second tooth off the synchro cone in an attempt to get a better shift at hi rpm . Has any of you guys done this mod before, and do I need to mod the gear as well?

I am running an xw in full street trim with 393 clevo, toploader, centre force dual friction clutch, and 4.11 rear. 6 cyl front springs, koni shocks, 235 et streets

Last week, with a new clutch I ran a pb of 12.07 @ 119 mph and watching the vid. I could have had a cut lunch between gears . What can I do to make my toploader work? I am determined to delv deep into the 11 s before I can it And fit an auto
Cheers

XDOUBLEU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post