Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25-02-2007, 04:00 PM   #1
Yamavark
Starter Motor

Default Auto making loud noise

I have a Series 2 Au sedan 4 spd auto.

The other day I went to overtake a car and I put my foot down (to drop down a gear) and a very loud sharp shrill sound came from under the car ( auto box?).

Straight away I let the foot off the sound stopped.

It happened the next day when trying to overtake again.

The car has 145000 on the clock but has done a lot of heavy towing.

Is the Auto on its way out?

Last edited by Yamavark; 25-02-2007 at 04:17 PM.
Yamavark is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post