Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-05-2007, 05:55 PM   #1
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Thumbs up Power window issues.. all fixed

Well, I’m going to break my own rule here and actually post something about my car or, specifically, something done to my car. Not for me but for the work done that may come in useful to others.
One of the classic issues with the AU (and all Falcons) is the electric window issues. Namely, going down but not back up again.
There has been a lot posted about this and a heap of good hints and tips that have saved us all a lot of money (Racecrafts tech post springs to mind). Unfortunately they can only go so far before the problem needs to be addressed by a professional.. or at least someone who knows more than the cars owner which, in the case of me, is pretty much anyone :

The issue was that, for the last 2 years, I’ve had problems with my rear window switches which came to a head yesterday afternoon when one of the kids put the window down and it simply wouldn’t go back up. After swapping switches, cleaning points, stripping off the door liner, checking wires and letting 2 Mormons on pushbikes know without doubt now was NOT a good time to talk to me about God (The offer to help me fix the window did not help their plight one bit) I gave in and called an auto electrician.
“Not a problem, drop it in tomorrow”. So I did even though it was pretty clear they were flat out. Rang them back at 4:45 tonight and got a “Yeah, all fixed, come get it”.
So off we go to get the car. Get there just as they are packing up for the night (one of the guys that works there was an ESeries member.. Green EF with a shaker on the bonnet).
Go inside and the owner tells me what the issues were. Not only had they fixed the one that was stuck down but fixed the other rear one (same issues) and one of the front switches. They even replaced one of the switches which had burned out and were happy to show me the evidence (I already knew about this one). So, all power windows working, all switches working and all rails lubed and cleaned. The windows have never worked so well.
So, what was the damage?
How’s $120 for everything sound?

I almost fell over. Great work, great service and a price cheaper than half of what I expected.

Well done WERRIBEE AUTO ELECTRICIANS. I cant recommend them enough. Great job.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post