Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > FPV & XR Owners Club of Newcastle > Ford Performance Club of ACT Club Discussions

Ford Performance Club of ACT Club Discussions General Chit and so forth!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-09-2008, 12:21 PM   #1
EVL.54L
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cool I bought the worst BA XR8 ever....

Hi all, i thought i'd share a little story with you all about our little XR8...

It was bought almost 3 months ago, we got it for $23,000, (its also a 5 speed) which i thought was ok... the 1st test drive there was a tap in the engine i was told it was a lifter problem and it would be fixed before we took delivery, so i thought no worries and signed on the dotted line.

2 weeks later we were able to pick it, as it was in the workshop for those 2 weeks, picked it up and it still made the same noises, i was told that the "NEW" lifters had to wear in and would stop making noise after about 500k's, me being not too smart with engines believed what i was told. I picked my father up from the airport the next day(he used to be a mechanic), he then filled me in on what is the truth about my car, lifters dont need to be run they are quiet from the start! the lifters hadn't been touched..

So.. it went back to the workshop.. it then spent 2 weeks at ford, now it was thought that it could be the timing chain and adjusters. they were replaced and yet the engine still tapped! they filled it with lifter free up, thinking again that must be the problem, i got it back and was told if it still tapped after 500k's they'll pull the motor apart.

It went back of course, after a week they found it was the big end bearing! And my clutch is on its way out. (it feels fine to me?)

This is were my luck kinda changes for the good, i ended up with a completely new bottom end, the heads were reconditioned so on and so forth, my motor is now pretty much brand new with only 590k's under its belt.
But it did spend just over 2 months in the shop!

Im slowly running it in, i tell ya its hard not to put my boot to the floor, since the i bought it i haven't been able to see what it can do.

So just when i think all is good, my rear back door lock actuator craps itself, my drivers door electric window motor craps itself and my cd stacker is player up with disc slot 2 & i need to get my after market pod gauges re-wired...

Luckily everything is covered under warranty. (except the gauges)

Well i hope this didn't bore to many people i just had to tell someone my story.

We'll see you all on the next run, hopefully my car will have all problems fixed.

Cheers ADAM.

:

EVL.54L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post