Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25-11-2008, 11:24 PM   #1
tankclare
BURN RUBBER NOT OIL

Default Doing 2 week pre-apprenticeship course at TAFE

Just thought id write up about what im doing at the moment (is a bit exciting). Well heres the story (sorry if its a bit long):

Looking online at jobs and came across a plant mechanic apprenticeship going at mines near muswellbrook (huntervalley). I put in a resume etc as you do. Well a few days later got a phone call saying can you be at Muswellbrook TAFE on the next day. Got there and had talks about what was going on and that we have to do a 2 week training course on Auto-Fabrication at TAFE. The course is valued at around $2000 a head and we are getting it for free so thats a bonus. Anyway the company/program this is for has a heap of mines etc working with it and after the course they pretty much just choose who they want out of the course. Started the course yesterday so now im two days down and have another 8 to go. 5 days in auto mechanical and 5 with boilermaking.

May seem small and nothing to some but I'm excited and hoping to hopefully get a half decent apprenticeship out of this. To get into the mines would be like a dream to me.

Well thanks for letting me spill my crap lol

[SMOKES] FG XR6 build thread - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=4795218#post4795218

tankclare is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post