Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2009, 04:41 PM   #10
joolz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoon
Dont believe everything the raw material suppliers tell you, I have been involved in the plastics industry for 28 years, having worked in the car industry as a supplier and many other different industries in all styles of plastics and processes from injection moulding, to blow molding to fabrication to extrusion using all types of polymers from commodity plastics to high grade engineering plastics. I have dealt with all of the suppliers from all over the world. The car manufacturers do not compromise on the polymers they use when they design vehicles, the materials are very carefully specced, whether they be a euro, jap or aussie cars and they all use the same polymers for each part of the vehicle. The cost of using a cheaper material would be negligable per part for different polymers. Yes the car manufacturers will screw the suppliers on price, but they wont deviate from a specced material to something cheaper, it just doesnt work like that, believe me.
I totally agree, its called a PPAP. Suppliers must complete these before they can supply components to Ford and they are to great detail.
joolz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post