Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2009, 09:49 PM   #1
Erich

Default AU Sedan boot leak - no spoiler

Have done some searches but not really seeing for my issue. I see a normal problem with the AU Sedan but buggered if I can find it

Water leak today - found out when water poured out as I opened the boot - from the panel area where the number plate is and lots of condensation about.

Have no spoiler, and no leak or water stains only a lot of condensation on the inside of the top boot lid. Dry as between the seat and rear window (looking up side down) & around the lights - no evidence of water near the lifghts at all, and only on the carpet where I lifted up the boot.

Ive had the wife run a torch around the outside along the boot line (I was inside - its dark now) and did see a slight glimmer of light, but upon opening the boot, I cant see where a seal woul actually get in between the boot and the fabricated panel thats welded to it (imagine the top of the boot lid is wet (condensation) but its on the underside of that only)

thoughts?

Erich is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post