Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26-05-2009, 09:00 PM   #1
gtfpv
GT

Default WHATS WRONG WITH PEOPLE GT bingle .

wife was involved in a minor accident in the GT on the way to work today. she was exiting a motorway on an exit road and turning right at a red light this is a 2 lane exit . and both lanes turn right , when the light went green she was in the right side lane turning right and a truck was in the left lane turning right . the truck turned too shaply and the trucks back wheel bumped the front of the GT. the truck driver kept going for 3kms . my wife tailed the courier and pulled him over 3 kms later . she told him he hit her car turning back at the lights , to which he replied , i dont think so lady. then she said it was a fair hit i'm dumb founded you did not stop there is damge to my car and paint on the wheels of your truck have a look. , the truckie then said he didnt do it , she must've tried to overtake him and ran into him , after a while my wife demanded he get out of the truck and veiw the damage and show his licence and details . at 1st he refused then said he is an ex cop. then he produced his licence , and the company he worked for and the bosses number. he did not apoligise or admit to his mistake . i told my wife to go staight to the police and report the accident , including him failing to stop at the scene .
the police refused to take a statement on the basis that the laws have changed and it isnt thier job . the insurance does all this now take it up with them . so my wife rang our insurance company and explianed all over the phone . they gave her a claim number and said they need to make contact with the truck ( company owner) and look inot the situation .

what will become of this . any hunches . a witness did not stop or follow my wife. it's an accident minor and it happens why do people always denigh responsibility these days , and why cant the law ( or lack there of even take a statement ) i have had mijors that are my fault and instantly admitted and paid for repairs . thats why i have insurance and a conscience to do the right thing. any hunches on what will happen here .
i hope the guy is honest and faces his mistake ( as logically this is the most likely of what occured) we cant do anything else accept wait to what the insurance company instructs us to do
the guy turned his truck into another lane around a corner damaging the bumper bar of our car , failed to stop, then denied it happened , and passed over details and drove off . he mentioned that if anything happened it wasnt intentional, and made referance to the fact that he was in the police force .
if it was me i would've gotten out and apoligised , given my details and admitted fualt , and paid my dues . i dont know what is going to happen here .the rest is up to the insurance company.
the samsh repairer said we have done all we can and they should track the other party down to settle a claim and said that leaving the scene goes against him .

gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post