Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-12-2009, 12:27 AM   #1
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Default Don't you just love mates?

evening all. Just had a bad experience, felt I should share. I was at a mates house, had just moved my Gemini there, and the bloke who drove parked his AU behind (2 metres) my BA. It wasn't actually his car but another mates, he'd have driven but had a few beers and chose not to. We where parked on the street, had just unloaded the Gemini, it's rolled off the trailer and I see he's got the AU in reverse(tail lights came on) so I shout out, don't put it in reverse bud, THE HANDBRAKE DOESNT WORK!! He puts it straight into drive, hops out, and the AU veers into..

My BA..

Just as he jumps in, hits the brakes, and my bumper cracks..

Don't you just love mates? The poor bloke nearly cried, I won't make him pay for it, it was an accident and he struggles to live on an apprentice wage anyway. All I could do is survey the damage, which wasn't too bad but obvious and noticeable, and laugh. Straight home for a beer..who else loves their mates?

Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote