Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-09-2005, 03:50 PM   #1
Dauphin
Irregular member

Default Greatest Movie Car Chases!

Hi everyone,

Thought I'd lst some of my favorite film/television car / car chase scenes.

Bullit This is a film from the '60s starring Steve McQueen. There's a scene where he is being tailed by a black Charger in his green Mustang before turning the tables and chasing them. The location goes from those big suburban hills in San Fransisco out on to the freeway, with funky instrumental music.

Driver This '70s film started the computer game series of the same name. A professional getaway driver is setup to get caught and goes after the people who wronged him. Apart from the chase scenes there's a scene where he has to impress his new employers and then *carefully*wrecks a Mercedes Benz in a car park with his future employers in it.

The Gauntlet On a motorbike, Clint Eastwood and a girl are chased by a nasty-looking black Gazelle helicopter through mountains, tunnels and desert.

The Dead Pool Dirty Harry in the '80s, driving a Dodge or Oldsmobile, being chased by a remote control car with a bomb, through the San Fransisco suburban hills, which is in turn being chased by the bad guy in another car controlling it.

To Live and Die in L.A. After being caught out, a couple of '80s LA cops have to evade their own police force and at one stage try to make it in front of a speeding locomotive (not at a crossing!) to cut off the pursuers. I think they drove a boxy Chevy Caprice or similar.

The French Connection In this '60s or '70s cop thriller flick, Gene Hackman chases an elevated train, driving madly through city streets in an attempt to catch a drug dealer who has taken control of the train. A lot of the footage was done without a filming permit.

Does anyone else have any favorites?

Andrew.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote