Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17-10-2010, 06:24 PM   #1
alstar5

Smile Just got given an AUII XL Falcon Ute - Need Help

Hi Everyone

It's been a while since I've been on Ford Forums as I've sold my BA Falcon a few years ago to replace with a Honda Accord.

I have just been given an AU Series II XL Ute and have again fallen in love with the power of the I6 engine.

I have a few questions that I'm sure have been answered before, but I'll ask them anyway (I hope you don't mind).

Issue One
Firstly the CD Player doesn't work and after resetting the battery the radio needs a code to work (which I don't have). Considering it's way out of warranty would it be worth buying a genuine second hand AU Head Unit and having it installed or do you think it'd be cheaper to get the current one fixed. The other option is buying an aftermarket CD player (which I could also then use my ipod in through an auxiliary cord). Are aftermarket radios easy to install into AU falcons? This was damn near impossible with the BA.

Issue Two
I believe the AU Series II came standard with central locking and keyless entry however the remote did not come with the vehicle. Is the solution as simple as buying an AUII Ute remote off ebay and programming it myself or does it need to be taken to a ford dealer?

Issue Three
The light control switch (for the headlights and interior light) has snapped off and needs replacing. Again is this as simple as buying a part off ebay getting my mechanic to replace it? Is there a difference between the switches between different variants of the AU ute?

Issue Four
The idiot who had the car before me had put custom rims on it and then proceeded to blow a tire doing a burnout and completely ruining one of the rims. All I want is a set of four standard wheels for the ute, could you please tell me what size and type of wheel and tyre is needed for the Series II.

Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate it.

Alex

2014 - 2014: AUII Futura SR
2015 - 2015: Kawasaki Ninja 650RL
2016 - 2016: Kawasaki Ninja 300
2018 - 2018: VZ Holden Commodore
2019: FG G6 Falcon
alstar5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post