Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30-11-2010, 06:15 PM   #19
EgoFalcon
The Villan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
The problem is that there is no such thing as a car enthusiast who is does not believe they are an EXPERT driver.

Not only are all car enthusiasts expert drivers but they don't even have to learn to drive or get any experience on the road whatsoever.

They don't need to learn how other people can do just crazy things or how fast an oncoming vehicle is going regardless of its size or shape.

They don't need to learn how different weather or road surface conditions may affect how their vehicle reacts.

They never misjudge anything even by a millimetre and know exactly what to do, for example, on a blind corner in the rain or into the setting sun when truck appears coming the other way encroaching on their lane.

They know exactly the limits of their vehicle in all regards and can judge exactly what everyone else is going to do on the road at all times.

All of those things are just instinctive........
Thats fair call, I shared a car for first 5 month's of my p's so my parents could see what type of driver I was before saying yes.

I can tell you I am not the best driver, I do make mistakes from time to time, I'm only human, but I would never put myself in a dangerous situation on purpose.

My dad used to work for BTR as an engineer and go to the test track in melbourne, one time they had a professional come down to teach them. First thing he did was ask and say "all the people that think there good drivers go to the right", so bunch of them did. "ok now all the people who didn't move are more then likely to be better drivers then the people who moved to the right". And doing the test, it showed. This example shows 'overconfidence' in all ages.

You can't say all people on there full licenses are great drivers, there are alot of terrible drivers out there.

I can beleive that alot of P plater's think they are invincible, they pass me everyday.

P platers are targeted, sometimes for the wrong reasons!

You can't really determine yourself if your a good driver, its everyone else that gets to decide.

The PX Ranger has arrived! XLT Metropolitean Grey

Previous Ride - 2007 BF MK II XR6 in Lightning Strike
EgoFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post