Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2010, 01:15 PM   #1
Envi XR8
I love my beast too!

Default Is the number of older or classic cars on the road increasing?

hi all,

Over the last couple of months I have noticed that there are more classic or older cars on the road. Most are in very good condition, either restored or original, and lot have young drivers; not the sterotypical old guy and the missus out for a Sunday drive.

Last week I kept track of these to see if I was just dreaming it, or if it was real. I didn't go out of my way to find older cars (such as club events etc) just driving to and from work, and on other errands etc.

Tuesday morning I saw a Drifter Val Panelvan. On the way home the same day I saw a CM Val Station wagon and later on the same trip a CM sedan.
Wednesday mornig I saw a Datto 1000, an AP5 Val, a HX/Z Tonner, and following it a WB Tonner. In the after noon A ZJ Fairlane.
Thursday morning I saw a early to Mid 70's vintage BMW (with an automoter tacho!)and a '30s vintage Euro (not a hot rod) Possibly French or British.
Yesterday I saw 2 EHs. Last week, before keeping track I spotted a HK Belmont and a Torana. There is an XB that goes past me some days on the way to work, but I have not seen that for a month or 2. There was another EH getting around about 3 weeks ago, I saw it on both days of the weekend, with 3 girls in it, cruising around.

I think these cars have been in storage while old people owned them and as the original owners are passing away and leaving them to a younger relative, they are hitting the streets again, as they are retro and cool, which is good to see. Now I am a Ford man, to the core, but I get a real thrill out of seeing these old ladies on the roads again, regardless on make.

Thought I'd see if anyone else has had the same thing happen, and what have you seen. it might be fun to have a Classics Spotted thread maybe. I would love to hear what others have seen.

cheers
Chris

Envi XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post