Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2005, 02:33 PM   #1
Downzy
5.0L EL Ghia

Default Replacing a Blendor motor in a 97 fairmont

G'day,

Summer is coming up, and currently my air-conditioning constantly blows hot air, regardless of how hot or cold it is outside or inside the car. In the past, I have used a button sequence to reset the climate control system and that seemed to fix it a couple of times. The last time I tried that, it did not work, and I've been told that it is most likely the Blendor motor that is broken.

I have managed to get hold of one, but I'm not sure what is required to replace it. I would imagine that I have to pull the whole dash out to get to it.

Has anyone done this before? Does anyone know where behind the dash it is located or have any diagrams that might be useful? Any hints on what to be careful of?

I'm really not looking forward to this, I might have to see if I can line up a spare car in case I can't figure out how to put it back together straight away...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Downzy

Downzy is offline   Reply With Quote