Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2011, 10:37 AM   #1
Swedishmoose

Default HELP....central lock trouble

Hi guys...

well I tried to find a suitable answer through the search function but it wasn't really satisfying.

Maybe someone in here can help out.

It is a Ford Falcon Futura 4.0 (4spd auto) sedan....

My settings for the remote are as following.

press unlock once = driver door opens
press unlock twice = all doors open
press lock= all four doors lock

My habit is, that I allways press the lock button twice until the horn goes off...its just a habit.

However, this morning I got out off the car , locked it and that was it. After that I couldn't open the car, the boot, activate the panic button. Basically the remote was dead although that little read light was flashing everytime I pressed any button.

I can unlock the car manually though.

I have no clue how to figure out if the problem is on the sending side (the remote ) or the receiving side (body control modul).

The battery of the remote seems to be ok...although more than 2 years old...otherwise the red little light wouldn"t flash when a button is pressed.

Does anyone have an idea ? It happened so sudden...pressed the button and after that the cehntral lock didn't respond anymore to any button.

Thanks for any idea

cheers

The Moose

Swedishmoose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post