Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-06-2011, 12:52 AM   #1
WannabeXP

Default Wheel Alignment- Camber kit?

G'day everyone!
So i have an AUII xr6 thats live axle with 18" Azzuro wheels and SL Kingsprings in the front.
I went and got an alignment done today locally at Goodyear Autocare here in Warrnambool and they only adjusted the toe and claimed i need a camber kit.
I did ask them to do it but they wriggled and squirmed because the car is on gas!
Anyway i had the impression before i lowered it an inch or so more then standard that i wouldn't need a camber kit just an alignment. After that i did a bit of research using the search tool and found out a little bit but my questions were not directly answered.
Now i didnt get provided with a printout, they charged me fullprice and they haven't laid a spanner on the UCA mounts which upon further research actually have around 10mm of thread left in them.
So this sparked some anger and swearing once i found that out!!!
Anyway so the question is do i actually need a camber kit? And i do know its hard to say without figures!
Also what tyre pressure should i have in my tyres if they are 245/40R18??
The tyres are completely stuffed due to the camber and Goodyear definitely did not want to help me out!
I will endeavour to get a printout and possible explanation from goodyear but i dont like my luck! Imagine how many people they have been ripping off who would have no idea about a wheel alignment in general!
Tomorrow i will get pictures and if i can get a printout i will upload a scan
Cheers in advance!!

05/2000 AUII XR6 5sp|Pacemaker 4480 Competition Headers|Lukey catback|Tickford Azzuro's|Impco LPG Conversion
WannabeXP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post