Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26-06-2012, 05:52 PM   #1
rowan194
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Fixing blocked exhaust

My fuel consumption has been higher for months and the exhaust "warbles" at certain revs, almost sounds like a V8. I've finally got some time and $ to fix my exhaust, so...

Should I replace the cat first ($130ish on ebay) ... (I undid my exhaust manifold at least 3 or 4 times, wedging a box under the cat to hold up the exhaust connection, so I wouldn't be surprised if I damaged it)
OR
Replace everything past the cat first? ($230+ on ebay)
OR
Try the middle muffler first, then go from there?

Budget is still limited (my wife has written off two cars in the past 9 months!!!!) so I'd rather not have to do everything past the manifold.

rowan194 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post