Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31-01-2005, 05:23 PM   #1
need psi
slow & low EA Ghia

Default urgent 5 speed questions

hey guys ive been really slack latley and havent been bothered fitting the 5 speed thats sitting at monty.v8's house for the past few months, so i finally got my *** into gear and called a few places. heaps of places wont even touch it! one guy started to abuse me because its a waste of money he reckons! ****er.

so the few questions are:

1. is 500-600 dollars a reasonable price to fit all the parts?
2. do the gear box mounts from the manaul line up with the holes in the floor pan which used to hold up the auto?
3. are the tailshafts the same from auto to manual?

he said if there are no differences between the auto and manual tailshaft and the holes line up it will bring the cost down to around 500. he said he can start on it tomorrow if i want! so thats why i needed to get this info asap.

i was pretty happy because 1 place said 400bux but his never done a conversion on a ea before, 3 places said 500 - 600 and they've done the conversion before and 2 places said over 1000bux and they've both done it before.

any help would be appreciated thanks.
Ehab

Last edited by need psi; 31-01-2005 at 05:30 PM.
need psi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post