Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-07-2013, 01:10 PM   #1
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Default AFF Coffee Thread

So most of us drink coffee, I only drink iced coffee (long story but I don't drink hot drinks or soups of any kind) I also do not use sugar in coffee. Whilst I only drink iced coffee, I love the smell of different blends, I love making it etc.

So I thought why not put up a thread where we can discuss coffee, blends, machines etc.

For years I have done coffee using a stovetop maker (little kettle type thing that forces the water up throught the basket) and got tired of it. My partner wanted a coffee machine, but wanted one that work was selling for $800 (I don't pay that) but I convinced her to buy one that cost me $92 instead and try it and then decide. Well we did and it is just a little sunbeam picollo EM2800 or something like that. Yep it is a basic little machine, but it still does better coffee than the stove. I am the one who makes all the coffee which I knew would be the case, but I love making it. I have mastered the use of the steam wand and get good smooth froth, not soapy froth, everytime etc. I can see myself upgrading soon. I don't own a roaster or grinder, I just got a batch of coffee from the freo markets which I love. This roast is choc macadamia and I also have creme brulee. These are ones my partner like, she refuses to let me try the jack daniels variety they have.

Anyway just thought it be an idea to talk what most of us probably drink everyday etc.

Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: