Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-11-2013, 01:21 PM   #1
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

Default Farm/Block/Paddock work ute

ok so ive done a quick search and couldnt really find much on the subject

ive got two acres
not much but enough (especially when youre on the ride on and are thankful that you only have two acres)
i have a small briggs and stratton ride on thats been bloody great around the block, only probs ive had with it was it dropping a gear pin out the back and it cost me about $30 at a local place to get fixed
i have one of those small little trailers that hook on the back and its good enough for prunnings and small bits and pieces etc.
but
sometimes you just want something bigger so you dont have to do 5 trips on the little mower to cart stuff around the block
so ive been thinking of getting a ute
ive looked on gumtree and theres a few around well under the 2 grand mark

so, what i need:
something that isnt lowered, while the block/land is flat (but sloped) theres no point having bugger all clearance
auto or manual doesnt bother me, as long as one isnt more prone to shitting itself easily
prefer a non tray but its not a huge necessity
non tray (something like an xg) because you can just lob stuff into the back and who gives a *****, with a tray im sure to bend the sides or bust a pin out.
so what do people think model and type wise?

id prob use it for, chucking in wood, general crap and moving stuff around
eg, when i put small fences up or fix stuff i can just chuck rapid set bags and permapine posts in the back, (where as the ride on and its trailer are too small)
im not really much of a mechanic but i have a local guy who has serviced all the older cars ive had over the years and is literally a 3 min drive up the road.
im not worried about looks or a bit of rust obviously as its just a block hacker to make my life easier

heres a couple ive found on gumtree:
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/black...ono/1031180967
looks tidy, prob too tidy as a farm hack, but if i could get something like this for around a grand then it could also double as a runner to work that is a 35km round trip, surely a drivers window that wont go up is easily fixed.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/adela...ute/1032761242

then i saw this lol
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/adela...289/1032383902
tray top i know but it looks pretty cool and i wouldnt have trouble with clearance, then i noticed...the photos are dated the 1st of jan....2000

anyone else in the same situation and has an old farm hack thats reliable, or anyone that knows whats reliable and whats not, please....post away

the red ford in the first gumtree add looked not too bad
if it ran ok and was mechanically sound id might even get rid of the magna and use something that was that tidy as a dayly and a block/paddock hack

let me know whats reliable and whats a piece of ***** and to steer clear from
cheers

MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post