Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26-05-2014, 06:43 PM   #27
Davehoos
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Whats the best ride on mower?

I work for council and we service loads of different brands that are bought on tender.

for the better lawns they use walker or toro exmark zero turn.

-my mother just replaced her walker with a 21 horse kabuta tractor this year. I cant afford the $25k for a house yard..

I have a half acre yard to mow.
I purchased a $2400 yardpro to replace my 36 MTD from husky dealer.
the yardpro 42 inch 21 horse kohler hydo drive pressed steel deck.it was between this and a smaller 18 hp victa.

its the same as the year previous craftman and the year previous to that husky. they change the colour and drop some of the items like cruise control and scalping wheels.

the kohler is good when its running was not going to pay a $1000 for a brigstration engine. or $1200 for fabricated deck. recommend a fuel pump when ordering a mower as if the fuel tank is not full the engine may over heat on up hill lawns.

At work we fit wear plates using stainless bolts to stop sand damage in local parks and gardens. For me the most I may do is hot dip gal treatment.

I had to raise the deck pulley and add bracings to stop the pulleys from being torn from the deck from its steep angle.

steering shaft we fitted proper steering shaft bearing and Ive been replacing all iddlers when the travel belt is worn.

we still have loads of great rover ranchers for community mowers-single disc cut and rugged-these are early OHV brig engines with our side valve models got the pension.. I chose to buy a hydro drive model.

My workmates prefer old cox mower with single belt friction idea.
The local mower dealer recently sold a greenfield look to be headed to a racing life. web site calls them limited edition.
Davehoos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post