Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2015, 03:05 PM   #1
bruce g
Starter Motor

Smile 1999 AU1 with Au111 brakes

Hi Guys,
I own a AU 1 1999 xr8 manual and have used this site to upgrade my front brakes to series 3 which worked out fine.
8 months ago i stopped using the vehicle over winter last Friday i took the old girl in for a warrant and failed with the right front caliper jamming on.
I went back home pulled the caliper apart found 1 pot was seized so i replaced the caliper with one that i had pulled apart cleaned up and all parts are easy moving. Fitted back on the car bleed the brakes and you could see the brake pads moving and locking on to the rotor and not releasing. I have checked the line for kinks and the hose for squashed points but all is good and changed the brake fluid.
Also went to the extreme of changing the ABS unit thinking maybe a valve was not releasing when your foot was released. I changed brake pads thinking they may have been too big. i have to push the pistons in the caliper back in with a G clamp even with the bleed nipple released. while doing all these changes the passenger side works fine every time.
Im thinking its something easy that i have missed, can you guys please give me a new direction to try. I was thinking brake booster and master cylinder but its only 1 caliper playing up not all or fronts or backs.
Problem is when i pressurize the brakes the driver front does not release
Thanks in Advance
bruce g is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post