Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-03-2017, 03:20 PM   #1
xr6-FTW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Struggling to get an electrical apprenticeship and i'm getting nowhere fast

Alright guys, my names Nick, in the middle of last year I worked at bmw in the parts area as an interpreter but it didn't work out in the end as I hated it. After quitting my job at the start of september I went and did an electrical pre apprenticeship which I finished in December last year. Since then i've had no luck with any jobs that have been advertised nor have I found contacts with people around me. It's truly depressing now and i'm starting to give up on doing it now as I'm losing the drive as theres barely any oppurtunities out there, and if they are there on the other side of the city which isn't practical. Most of my mates are useless and can't get any contacts despite working as plumbers, hvac etc and i'm all on my own. I can't really ask for advice from my parents now as they gang up and roast me if I start mentioning jobs, because all I want in life now is to try things that I think I will want to do and i'm getting nowehere fast. I'm 20 in a few months and without a current job, i'm stuck going nowhere fast, just like a dole bludger at the moment, except I don't want to accept or seek payments from Centrelink because I don't want to look and feel more hopeless then I currently am. I am looking for part time jobs also for the time being but no luck so far. Moneys drying out and i'm sick and tired of wasting time now.
xr6-FTW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post