Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2020, 12:52 PM   #10
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: USA Riots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Cranium View Post
I worked in nyc at Central Park and was the only white bloke. Some of their stories were incredible about being chased and beaten for being black.

The thing that hurt them daily was people coming to me for directions when we were all together as I was the only white one there. It happened from my first day. Then watching people reactions when I directed them to the black person to answer the question. You would see the people get nervous then repeat the question slowly

You could see the pain and anger in my coworkers faces.
That's human nature, people will naturally group together with people who are similar to themselves, that's why Melbourne in particular ends up with suburbs and regions flooded with particular ethnicities.

It goes both ways, they'd be doing it subconsciously.
3 users like this post: