Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-03-2021, 04:52 PM   #1
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Linkt users - check your accounts!

Hello all,

Seems since Linkt has taken over from E-Way they are playing silly buggers with the tolls.

I have found several trips classed as a commercial vehicle at $14.56 a pop.

This is while towing a caged 5x8 single axle trailer with my I30.

The trailer is about as tall as me in total - well under 6 foot. It's never filled above the top and on half those trips it would have been totally empty.

The measurements are to exceed 2.8m tall and 12.5m long for me to be charged as a commercial vehicle.

It took them a while to disclose the maximum measurements - at first they were telling me that ANYTHING towed is charged commercial rates.

Not only am I around 1m below the height limit at a guess I would also be at perhaps 9m total length. Not anywhere close to their limits.

They then tried to convince me that my setup is over - I told them they are to prove to me that's the case or refund the money.

Apparently they will look into it and it takes 5 business days. I told them on day 6 I'm calling Fair Trading.

My mum called them after I learnt this - they have done the same to her as well - sometimes she borrows my trailer or I use her car. They assumed because she is old they can spin some big numbers and she will accept it. Like me they did with me.

She asserted herself and asked for a supervisor - none which were available of course.

The phone call back she was promised never came - she called them back and her account charges are also belong looked into.

Lets say they 'accidently' charge a whole bunch of account holders the commercial fee (anyone that tows anything??). The online cashback system totally bypasses you seeing your trips so how many will check?

Of those that do check how many get fobbed off when they try and fluff over the actual restrictions or use the 'everything towed is commercial' line??

The few that persist get the refund only after making a fuss.

Not a bad little money earner... all 'accidently' of course.

Their 'Live Chat' function is a joke, as soon as you connect it minimizes completely out of the screen and only pops up when the other side keeps asking 'Are you still there?' but vanishes again before you can type 3 words.

I'm sure that is also an 'accidental' technical glitch...

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post: