Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > The Sales Yard > Spare Parts and Other Accessory Items > Genuine Ford Parts

Genuine Ford Parts A forum for the purchase of genuine Ford parts via an AFF member.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-02-2022, 11:40 PM   #11
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Genuine Ford Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
Hope this helps or maybe its confused you even further..
On the face of it it's like you've pushed my face further in the mud and given me a bigger headache all at once...

But reading through the list I can see some clarity that kind of matches what I thought.

My understanding on the BA you either had a knuckle with a fixed upper arm mount or an adjustable by cam bolt upper mount, which were on the XR's and FPV's. This would account for BA5A968A and BAT5A968A. I've seen the BAT part listed as adjustable.

But that was stopped in BF. The XR's got a fixed upper mount, which I figure is BAF5A968D, but the FPV bit in the description confuses me. BAF5A968C would be the adjustable upper knuckle, because that's what's in my Force 6. Plus the standard knucle.

Parts ending with B and E confuse me though. Something special about V8's and the Turbo. Given they had different diffs and half shafts, might have to do with the wheel hub. More splines maybe. But the FPV bit confuses me again.

Just spitballing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
If you pass on the VIN we may be able to narrow it down. I am guessing it would be 1st number.
The VIN on my Ghia is 6FPAAAJGSW6L56587, built 01/06.

As a comparison the VIN on Dad's XR6 is 6FPAAAJGSW6Y61571, built 02/06.

I'm having a problem where I'm getting insanely bad inner edge tire wear on the back tires. The alignment specs suggest the rear end is whatever whatever an XR is.

If it comes back with the standard part it will leave me even more confused. XR's have less than half the camber as base models and a very different toe setting. Then I will have to work out why the camber value is wrong. Is there something very out of wack in the rear end kind of thing.

And if its not the knuckle that is setting the camber the only other thing that it could be is the upper arm. But I'm told they are all the same.
arm79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post