Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17-03-2022, 10:25 AM   #11
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Russia v Ukraine

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Its a little distorted because 18-60 year old males are prevented from evacuating. They are forced to take up arms and fight, there is no choice. I can't imagine an 18 year old kid with no experience in combat, probably has never fired a shot before, being pushed to the front line to face military armed to the teeth. Cannon fodder or human shield sounds about right.

I was just thinking the other day, if we could avoid another all out war for another generation, then we might be saved. From what I see, the next generation around the world have no desire to kill each other, they are more interested in their playstations, twitters, tik toks, tweerks and instagrams. But it doesn't look like we can hold out.

If we ever get invaded, everyone will need to fight, men, women, children of all ages. We are on an island, there is no where to evacuate to. Ask me a year ago, and I would have said there was little to no reason why anyone would want to put boots on our shores, we are too far, and our geography doesn't give a strategic foothold to attack our allies, except maybe NZ, but who sees NZ as a threat?! . But now with plans to obtain first strike capabilities, might be a different story.

Also just heard reported that 20,000 "foreign fighters" will be arriving on Ukraine's side. Mostly from NATO countries. Add the weapons supplied by NATO, I wonder if NATO has already got boots on the ground in this war covertly. Apparently Russia has recruited 16,000 foreign fighters on their side. Interestingly, heard a war analyst say that fighters who do not fight under the command of an army, are subject to different geneva convention rules. From what I understand, they have LESS rights than soldiers if they get captured. They will be treated as armed civilians / tourist fighters. Hmmmmm

Interesting the bit about being invaded ....you would think all these invading countries would learn from history.....its not going to work out well

I think both countries would hold out quite well , sure some big power could come in take over the main cities but the guerilla warfare and local knowledge of terrain etc with todays communication tech , your countries a bit more open so it would be harder to make raids but so many people with bush knowledge would be the advantage , like in NZ there's so many hunters and outdoor people here and the terrain suits guerilla warfare to a tee it would be another vietnam all over.....just got to look at how the Poms faired against the Maori all those years ago it was too hard....lets sign a treaty
As a country we're still paying the price for it

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
This user likes this post: