Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2022, 11:03 AM   #1
Half Dead
Starter Motor

Default AU2 Wipers still not working after motor/linkage swap

Hi first time posting,
I have been living without wipers for a while, I assumed the issue was a seized linkage as when they started failing by moving super slowly at first, and eventually would just sit in the parked position kind of shuddering as the motor ticked.
I eventually found a replacement motor and linkage on ebay since my local wrecker didn't have one. Unfortunately, after installing the new part, It seems the issue remains.

I tested the plug with a multimeter (video below), with the wiper switch in the fast/high setting the wires (Colours as they are on motor side of the plug) have the following voltages:

Blue: Ticks between 1v and 0v
Green: Ticks between 12.2v and 10.8v
Black: Ground
Red: Ticks between 4v and 0v
Brown: Ground

https://youtu.be/8RaJw_bppGo

Not sure if these results are what's expected or where the problem lies, it is entirely possible that the ebay seller sent me a dud, or there's a problem elsewhere that's out of my expertise a little.
Half Dead is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post