Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22-12-2023, 09:04 AM   #10
ToryMikey

Default Re: Australian Family Cars: We have gone so far backwards since 2016...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooDog View Post
I don't know what figures your comparing there ?

My Fairmont v8 5.0l made 175kw and 395nm (stock) in 2001 .....not a lot

We bought a new Navara 2.7l diesel in 1997 64kw and a whole 180nm at 2200rpm .....it was like winding up a rubber band

Most Thailand specials make between 430 - 500nm torque out of as small as a 2l ,that's not bad .....sure they're a bit fragile what do you expect when your towing 3.5 tonnes , would have been fun in the 64kw Navara
I’m comparing my 1996 dinosaur XH to a new Hoylux, base model to base model.

Sure I could compare the XR8 to the SR5 or whatever, but even then the fully sik Hoylux would be embarrassed in comfort, reliability, acceleration, handling and good looks.

When I was a one eyed Ford teen I used to bag VNs, laugh at how limp wristed 3800s were compared to Falcon sixes, but even now the VG ute with a base 3800 has more enthusiast appeal than any Siamese ****box on the market. It had rear discs and rack and pinion steering too!
1997 BMW E36 318i manual - Alpine White

Last edited by ToryMikey; 22-12-2023 at 09:10 AM.
ToryMikey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: