Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31-08-2006, 11:07 PM   #1
crannersEL
Banned

Default 18.9 could mean goodbye!

As a few of the e-series members have noticed my car has been posted in the "for sale" section of the forums. I love the car to bits and have put a fair bit of money into it in the last 8 months mods wise.

Fuel Economy is getting stupid, ive had $2000 worth of maintanice done to the car in the last 8 months replacing different things and cleaning others.

Spoke to a bloke this week who puts cars onto his computer to check if the cars running rich or not, and he wouldnt even come out to test the car as he knew there was nothing i can do about improving the fuel eco.

Items that have been replaced or cleaned include:

o2 sensor
Hi Flow Cat
changed filters
flushed and cleaned injectors
replaced spark plug and leads

The car is serviced every 5000K's and has been since we bought the car in 1998. Its fuel eco has been decreasing as the engine has been getting older (190 000K's to date)

Ive spoke to many other members and other people who drive EL Falcons and they get 500+ K's out of a tank. Any one here who knows me will vouch that im a slow driver who never plants the foot.

People may say "get over it" "thats what you get with a big car" i understand that, but from where im standing i earn $110 per week as im a uni student. If i spend $80-$90 on fuel which i do per week doesnt really leave me with much for savings for insurance and rego ect.

Anyone got any answers?

Thanks Paul

Last edited by crannersEL; 31-08-2006 at 11:23 PM.
crannersEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post