Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2006, 09:40 PM   #1
SVT8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Car is close to perfect

ok since i have bought about 4 months ago i saved up money for a transmission and major service. The transmission is perfect and the engine timming problem has been fixed and it is running absolutley fantastic. But as what happens with most major service's there are always other problems, but its not that half bad for a 14 year old car. Now these are the problems left to fix and quotes on them (by ultratune):

Brake fluid flush - $65.00
Master (brake) cylinder leak - $319.60
Steering rack leaking (for a recoed steering rack) - $711.00
Front pads & machined discs - $250.00
Drive belts cracked - $25.00
Coolant Flush - $85.00
Water pump leaking - $ 384.00
Wiper blades - $16.00

If you have a look at it you think thats alot of money, but think twice and it will work out much cheaper if you do it all that yourself!! Now this is my mission to get the EB fully fixed and there the only problems stopping me.

First thing i did was get new brake pads and brand new brake discs all for $170 so thats already $80 saved. Coolant flush and brake fluid flush as well as new wipers, my old man has all that equipment. Now thats a total of $246 saved!!! big difference already!!

So now i need some help from you guys to either direct me or help me get the rest of the parts. Steering rack, how much am i looking at that? surely not $700!!!but i am after a recondition one not second hand. Water pump around $50, anyone know places that sell them new around melb?

The other two parts needed are a brand new master brake cylinder and new drive belts. Those are the last things on my list and the eb will be just as good as it was when brand new. So help would be much appreciated as im only a couple of steps away.

Regards

SVT8

SVT8 is offline   Reply With Quote