Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 08-04-2005, 10:10 PM   #1
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

Default Forum Content

That burnout thread got me thinking.

There seems to be far too much censorship lately, not just in FF.au

While its annoying and ridiculous i can see how it would be neccesary on FF.au

What im interested in is, has anyone actually ever been contacted or reprimanded for for hosting "politically incorrect" content on their website?

If its a real problem, whats to stop you running your website through an offshore webhost? Somehow i doubt anyone is gonna send an international taskforce to deal with uploaded images of street drags and burnouts.

At the end of the day, as much as some people try to take the higher ground and shake their fingers, we all enjoy watching them!
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2005, 10:36 PM   #2
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

It's pretty simple really.

There are any number of unmoderated web sites and forums and you can join any of those your heart so desires and post whatever you like and be treated in any manner that any other individual sees fit. That is your right and I'd encourage you to exercise it if you don't like the standards set here.

In answer to your (undoubtedly rhetorical) question let me point you to the AustLI law libraries where a quick search will find numerous examples of prosecutions for inappropriate web content and not very much of it related to adult material either. As an incorporated body this forum is subject to the laws of this country regardless of where the actual content is hosted.

Whether we enjoy watching them or not (and please don't presume to talk for everyone) these activities are illegal and will not be encouraged here. If you don't like that stance then please exercise your democratic right and point your mouse finger elsewhere.

Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2005, 11:09 PM   #3
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

Thanks, my question wasnt rhetorical, im not familiar with Internet-related case law in Australia.

As i said, ive got no problems with the way FFau is run and will continue to browse here. I do however like to to consider hypothetical problems, and if i was ever a moderator this is one obstacle id like to find a way around.

My comment about everyone loving burnouts was light-hearted and id like to point out that burnouts are illegal on public property only which hasnt been shown anywhere on the site.

John
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2005, 11:48 PM   #4
Yagz
Banned

I think more often than not, it's not always about the legalities of the content, but more about what image we want to send to the general public about our community.

If an outsider comes on as a guest, and see's burnouts, illegal conduct, etc, then they aren't going to respect our community as much as if they saw nice, wholehearted threads about useful things.

We try to be different here at ff.com.au, and set a high standard of posting. This is of course going to cause problems with those people who cannot agree on what is right and wrong from a family orientated perspective..

It's alot nicer to hang around here, than say, the commodore club website, where there is alot of garbage that clogs up an already ugly site.

We all like to think we are above stupidity, and raise the bar in relation to web content and web based car clubs..
Yagz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2005, 11:54 PM   #5
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yagz
I think more often than not, it's not always about the legalities of the content, but more about what image we want to send to the general public about our community.

If an outsider comes on as a guest, and see's burnouts, illegal conduct, etc, then they aren't going to respect our community as much as if they saw nice, wholehearted threads about useful things.

We try to be different here at ff.com.au, and set a high standard of posting. This is of course going to cause problems with those people who cannot agree on what is right and wrong from a family orientated perspective..

It's alot nicer to hang around here, than say, the commodore club website, where there is alot of garbage that clogs up an already ugly site.

We all like to think we are above stupidity, and raise the bar in relation to web content and web based car clubs..
Yeah that's a fair point, anyways look at the nissansilvia.com forums they got cops all over them trying to bust them, one guy had quotes read out to him when he got busted. They have a special section where you can post a story about a street race! It's stupid. These forums are good.
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2005, 12:37 AM   #6
niko
likes falcon's

im with yagz, dont really matter what u post. just matters how other ppl judge with that info in the back of their mind
Old 09-04-2005, 07:22 AM   #7
rodderz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yagz

Very good post Yagz!

As Russ pointed out there are legality issues- to which has been explored by the admin when setting up the site, but also the image to which is portrayed by us to the public

We may enjoy certain images but overall illegal or morally wrong pictures/vids can have a negative effect on the forums, due to a wrong image or "stupid drivers" element that could be posted if let go
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2005, 10:31 AM   #8
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As Rodderz stated, there are certain liability issues that arise from running a forum and I would have expected that as adults people would accept that instead of finding the need to take issue with it.

On the burnout front still, I note that the people from Vic complaining about the censorship are NOT coming to the drag day where they can do legal safe burnouts. No mercy.
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2005, 12:07 PM   #9
dale hancock
gold au2

ive got a vid of my na fairlane ripping it up. but its on a back road in the middle of woop woop. is that ok to put in this forum or not really
dale hancock is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2005, 12:26 PM   #10
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

nope.. even if it's in the middle of woop woop it's still on a public road. It may seem like overkill but believe me, more people than you think read these forums and not all have pure intentions. There will be police and people like that Sruby scanning the forums looking for ammunition... therefore, we give them none and encourage people to take it to the track where they are perfectly safe from prosecution and criticism.
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2005, 12:47 PM   #11
dale hancock
gold au2

but theres no houses or anything around. wat if its a private road
dale hancock is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2005, 01:35 PM   #12
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

I agree with Yagz, but another thing to consider is the Sponsors. As the site is funded (be it partially or on the whole is irrelevent) they have an image and standard they would like to see upheld by sponsoring a 'clean' car enthusiats site.. if you allow and encourage illegal activity on FF.au it could be percieved as a slur on the reputation and alter the public conception of the workmanship and quality to expect from our sponsors. The end result will only diminsh the type of Forum sponsors we attract.

Be it that we might not all be angelic but there is a time and a place to act silly without tarnishing innocent people... Wether it is legal or not should not be the point, its more about respecting other people that don't have any involvement in such activities.

I'd like to consider myself as being interested in cars not labelled just another 'hoon'

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2005, 01:52 AM   #13
EFFalcon
Last warning

put it this way.
all it would take is a eseries club car to be pulled over.
the sticker spotted, and officer takes notice
they browse to website, find discussion forum (perhaps just out of interest)
come accross a thread about burnouts.
BOOM - bad image straight away.
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post