Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 19-04-2007, 08:59 AM   #61
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Just heard some news on another forum (trying to confirm it now though) .... a friend's EL Fairmont ran a flat 14 last night at WSID .... now to get the exact figures to see how close to the Flat 14 he got.

Manual 4L N/A .... nearly in the 13's
Oh ... the BBM has been ditched as well.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2007, 09:05 AM   #62
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

OK ... updates:

14.098@96.4mph (with slipping clutch in 2nd)

2.002 60ft
5.805 330ft
9.016 660ft
Old 19-04-2007, 09:21 AM   #63
Gunns
Banned

Just strap a JADO rocket to the towbar and be done with it.
Gunns is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2007, 09:33 AM   #64
OED666
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
Just heard some news on another forum (trying to confirm it now though) .... a friend's EL Fairmont ran a flat 14 last night at WSID .... now to get the exact figures to see how close to the Flat 14 he got.

Manual 4L N/A .... nearly in the 13's
Oh ... the BBM has been ditched as well.
What manifold is he using? What other mods have been done?

Cam, Intake, Exhaust, Head, Diff Gears???

I cant have too many people getting close to my time, before I start getting faster.
Old 19-04-2007, 09:39 AM   #65
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Log manifold ... extrude honed.
Still using the factory ECU as well (not edited).
Exhaust is just Pacies with full 2.5" system.
There has been some engine internal work .... but don't have the details at hand at the moment.
3.23:1 spooled rear end ... has done a manual conversion.

Still not sure on the cam specs ... was using a Stage 2 cam from Cresent Motors .... there is a Stage 3 ready to go in though.

He is going to upgrade the clutch to handle it though ... shorter diff gears as well.
Also next run he with run 16"s on the rear with grippier rubber ... he was running his 17"s on street rubber.
Old 19-04-2007, 10:15 AM   #66
xr8ute
Back on the road

thats a very nice time indeed

when you say log manifold, do you mean like the EB-ED style intake manifold (pre-BBM)?

AU XR8 Ute 13.90 @ 100mph - http://www.aufalcon.com/xr8ute
5L Windsor, GT40X heads, Crane 2030, Pacey 4-1s, Lukey 3", 3.91:1, auto. Tuned by me w/Quarterhorse and BinaryEditor.

Coming Soon: Ported lower intake, Tickford "Premium" Brakes, and a good wash.
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2007, 10:36 AM   #67
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Yeah ... pre-BBM
Old 19-04-2007, 10:47 AM   #68
MADED-6
MADED.6

dam they are very good times would be interesting to see wat he gets when he gets more mods.
time to do some headwork oed666 and get ur car further into the 13's.
cheers josh.
MADED-6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2007, 10:52 AM   #69
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Knocking on the door of Mock's 13.5 ... if that still stands.
What is the record at the moment????
Old 19-04-2007, 11:03 AM   #70
OED666
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mock's EB ran 13.341, N/A... Its going to be a task, but achievable.

Mods and a tune are coming my way VERY soon.

I have to come to the southern states for a decent qtr run. Qld temps are no good. Plus we are driving up a damn slope.