Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 28-04-2005, 11:15 AM   #1
InitialD
Low and Loud

Default Defective Steering

Ive been having problems with the steering on my EA for sometime now.
Basicly I have to have the steeringwheel about 10deg to the left for me to drive straight, and over 80kph the steering wheel vibrates like crazy.

I had a wheel alignment done about 2mths ago and I know my Passenger side Tierod end was wornout.

After The accident that Gunns had with the trailer, I locked my brakes up to get out of the way of traffic, and since then my steering is completely wacked out. The steering is really heavy, its got alot of noise, it vibrates when i drive alot and the rack has ALOT of play.

SHould I change the rack over? The only other thing ive noticed is the Bush on the front of the Kframe for the drivers side lower control arm is flogged, would that cause this??

sorry for the length :yeees:

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2005, 01:09 PM   #2
LTDHO
The one and only

Surely a good suspension or steering shop can help ya with the fault. Whatever it is, it needs to be found pretty quickly.
It doesn't sound like the rack to me.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2005, 07:42 PM   #3
Damo
Banned

i have a broken steering rack, if you need bits of it. Best be safe and take it somewhere for an inspection. Then do the work yourself.
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2005, 10:05 PM   #4
AdzT3-146
own the road

Maybe get the tyres balanced, are your tyres worn? i've got the same prob, been talking to a few professionals i'll probably get some new tyres soon.
as LTDHO said, any good steering or suspension shop should be able to help you with your problem
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
Id rather date a goat with syphilous then drive a maloo.
AdzT3-146 is offline   Reply With Quote