Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 28-01-2005, 01:02 PM   #1
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default EB Leaking Sun Roof

Just got my sons 9 EB past reg (NSW).
It p@##ed down rain this moring and when I got into the car the seat was pretty wet. Rain had leaked through onto the seat. I'm pretty sure it was closed correctly. The car was parked on a slight slop.
How hard is it the find where the leak is coming form and how to fix it?
Uncle_Ken :
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2005, 01:05 PM   #2
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

How did it get past RWC and registered if it had a leak in the sun roof? If it turns out one of the seals is bad, id be taking it back to where the RWC was done and i would be getting them to fix it.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2005, 01:08 PM   #3
Uncle_Ken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

_2: I new the guy. He said either seal it up and don't use it or get it fix.
Next no pass if not fixed.
Old 28-01-2005, 03:20 PM   #4
niko
likes falcon's

they dont test sunroofs on rwc...its not like they get water out to see if it leaks. most likely the guttering system is bloked with shit (pipes connected in the tray that sends water down the rear quater garnishes) becuase sunroofs are never water tights, they let in water
Old 28-01-2005, 03:27 PM   #5
Uncle_Ken

So I'm looking for the run off pipe.

:yeees: Wire down the tube and give it a poke?
Old 28-01-2005, 04:32 PM   #6
LUXO_8
windsor user

there should be 4 tubes 2 at the back running towards the abck and 2 at front running down inside A pillars.

compressed air is reccomended so you dont tear through the (plastic) tubing.
my sunroof leaks when it pours down too and i haent had it checked yet...
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2005, 05:57 PM   #7
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Also check where the run off pipe dumps to, had a few that were clogged with mud behind the wheel (not on Falcons, buggered if I know where the run off tube is).
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2005, 06:01 PM   #8
Uncle_Ken

Default Front cleared

I found the front two easy enough and I have cleared them I just a smaller dia power cable. Going outside now to find the rear hole.
Are they hard to get 2?
Old 28-01-2005, 07:04 PM   #9
LUXO_8
windsor user

i couldnt actually see where they are, but i could feel them under the roof lining.
as my lining is sagged i was goig to wait untill i can afford to replace it to clean em out
Old 28-01-2005, 08:26 PM   #10
Uncle_Ken

DONE!!
My son owes me. I removed the rear pillar covers and found the rear tubes. No problems there. So now the water runs away in all directions nt matter whihc angle the car is parked. I agree with you thta if it really comes down hard the follow would just be to slow to drain the excess water away. Looks like the boy will have to park his baby flat as possible.

Thanks for the advice gang. Another happy member of ford forums!!

Uncle Ken
Old 28-01-2005, 08:27 PM   #11
Uncle_Ken

Sorry about the crap spelling :togo:
Old 02-02-2005, 05:51 PM   #12
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Ken
DONE!!
My son owes me. I removed the rear pillar covers and found the rear tubes. No problems there. So now the water runs away in all directions nt matter whihc angle the car is parked. I agree with you thta if it really comes down hard the follow would just be to slow to drain the excess water away. Looks like the boy will have to park his baby flat as possible.

Thanks for the advice gang. Another happy member of ford forums!!

Uncle Ken
how did this go? has it rained heavily where you are since you did it.
was raining steadily heavy today, and most of my rooflining is saturated.
have to dry it with the hair dryer shortly.

if it worked it looks like im pulling my car to bits and firing up my compressor to clear the tubes