Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 22-11-2005, 05:01 PM   #31
BJMXR

I agree with au^ute... might look OK with XR lights and no stripes... my biggest concern is the back... it just looks........ wrong!

Ill keep my clean AUII XR bodykit on my XR8 thanks...
BJMXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2005, 05:17 PM   #32
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

i think the fronts with the xr lights would be a go-er.
but the rear bar from those kiwis is very... "made in taiwan"
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2005, 05:22 PM   #33
AnthonyQLD
Boss power

Quote:
Originally Posted by au^ute
Give it XR lights and get rid of those stripes and it would look better.
I would like to see that
AnthonyQLD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2005, 06:56 PM   #34
Abacus
Life's a Gas

FWIW I think it looks pretty good.

It doesn't look like a BA. It still looks like an AU - with a nice bodykit. And that's the way it should be. As for calling it a "BA mockup" or "an insult to all AU and BA falcon owners"...awww, come off the grass!! If somebody likes their AU enough to spend a couple of grand dressing it up with something more to their liking, even if it may be loosely defined as "BA inspired" - well good on them.

Maybe I'm a little less sensitive than some writers on this forum, but sticking a body kit on an AU doesn't exactly reduce me to tears.

Do I feel insulted? Not on your life.

If it were me, I probably wouldn't put the GT stripes on it. To my eyes they look a bit tacky. And if I had a genuine BA GT I'd probably have the stripes removed, for the same reason. I've nothing against people that like stripes...whatever floats your boat. But if somebody wants to put GT stripes on an AU (or an EL, or a freaking Daewoo) well WTF, who cares?

I mean, where do you draw the line. Is putting XY GT rims on an XA or XB suddenly a crime against humanity? **** off.

Come to think of it, I've seen few good looking replica XY shakers on the odd XD, XE, XF and.........BA!! Funnily enough, they don't make me feel "insulted" either. And maybe its just my poor eyesight, but I've never thought of any of these cars as being an "XY mockup".

Maybe what my wife says is true...I'm just not sensitive enough.

Last edited by Abacus; 22-11-2005 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Spelling
Abacus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2005, 10:27 PM   #35
sfr rob

Bad Day??
:
Old 22-11-2005, 10:45 PM   #36
Tornado
AKA MYTE8

Without the stripes and without the grayed out bottom bit, the front doesn't look too bad, its very similar to the T3 bar.
Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2005, 11:49 PM   #37
Abacus
Life's a Gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfr rob
Bad Day??
:
Naaaah. I just don't see any reason for people to get so precious and sanctimonious about the originality of other people's rides. Freakin' fashion Nazis. Most people agree that bolting XR8 bumpers, or even AWC TE50 kits, onto a Forte is OK, so why should an after-market kit that kind-of looks like its based on a BA GT cause such bum clenching and tut-tutting? A blind man could see that the car is still an AU. Whether or not the kit looks any good is a different question. Condemn it for being ugly, if you think that is the case (I don't). But damning the thing because of a perception that it in some way undermines the perceived supreme divinity and purity of another Falcon, albeit a particularly good one, is a bit rich.

IMO your car looks better than the body kit referred to in this thread. If I stuck an XR50 front end like yours on my Fairmont should I be burned at the stake?

Which raises a point. I've recently done in both of ends of the Fairmont. The rear end got smashed up by a stationery pole travelling in my direction. Then I drove the front bumper into a brick wall while I was abusing the pole out the back. So I'm looking at rear bar, L/H tail light, boot lid, front bar. Kind of sounds like its time for a body kit....That AWC TE50 kit looks pretty hot...hmmm.

Naaaaaah, some over-sensitive FFer might be "insulted" by such a sacrilegious defilement of the memory of the great T-Series. And far be it from me to be responsible for the creation of a shallow "mock-up". Besides which, I've got a tow bar that would need a hole punched through the middle of the rear bumper.

Looks like its OEM parts for me.
Abacus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2005, 11:03 AM   #38
98AUXR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abacus
Naaaah. I just don't see any reason for people to get so precious and sanctimonious about the originality of other people's rides. Freakin' fashion Nazis. Most people agree that bolting XR8 bumpers, or even AWC TE50 kits, onto a Forte is OK, so why should an after-market kit that kind-of looks like its based on a BA GT cause such bum clenching and tut-tutting? A blind man could see that the car is still an AU. Whether or not the kit looks any good is a different question. Condemn it for being ugly, if you think that is the case (I don't). But damning the thing because of a perception that it in some way undermines the perceived supreme divinity and purity of another Falcon, albeit a particularly good one, is a bit rich.

IMO your car looks better than the body kit referred to in this thread. If I stuck an XR50 front end like yours on my Fairmont should I be burned at the stake?

Which raises a point. I've recently done in both of ends of the Fairmont. The rear end got smashed up by a stationery pole travelling in my direction. Then I drove the front bumper into a brick wall while I was abusing the pole out the back. So I'm looking at rear bar, L/H tail light, boot lid, front bar. Kind of sounds like its time for a body kit....That AWC TE50 kit looks pretty hot...hmmm.

Naaaaaah, some over-sensitive FFer might be "insulted" by such a sacrilegious defilement of the memory of the great T-Series. And far be it from me to be responsible for the creation of a shallow "mock-up". Besides which, I've got a tow bar that would need a hole punched through the middle of the rear bumper.

Looks like its OEM parts for me.
Good work! I have always felt the same. I have never understood people getting upset because others have added a bodykit or part. I dont see where others get off telling someone they are a ****er for having a copy etc.

As above, to each their own!!! ing_sm
98AUXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2005, 11:27 AM   #39
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

that kit is whack... T3 kit looks heaaaaaaaps better.
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2005, 11:27 AM   #40
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFFalcon
as for BA owners feelings towards someone who wanted to put an AU front on a BA... well they'd likely be called an idiot, why make a car uglier? :P
Dont worry about it John. It would be odd.. but you probably only need worry about what the rear of most AU's look like anyhow. :P

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2005, 11:36 AM   #41
Zedjay
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

geez lucky they didnt make the VZ kit fit the AU lol

i think it looks ok. a lot better than all those VNs you see with VS and VT kits on them thats for sure

i wonder what the BA kit would look like on a EF/EL.
Zedjay is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2005, 11:45 AM   #42
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Dont worry about it John. It would be odd.. but you probably only need worry about what the rear of most AU's look like anyhow. :P
I 've heard the rear looks good as it's sailing past :nutsycuck
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2005, 11:59 AM   #43
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

AU looks regardless of your taste are a balanced design/styling package.

Grafting style parts from other models only detracts from the visual appeal of the car, be it EL, AU or BA.
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2005, 06:37 PM   #44
HOON69
Banned

i'd put that on a ex taxi
be the best looking ex taxi around i reckon :P

inho its aight
what ever floats ya boat
obviously some ppl's boat sinks
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2005, 12:02 PM   #45
chief
FTF Club Moderator

The AU is the ugly ducking. It is now appreciated (more than it was a few short years ago) and now you graft BA parts on it. Sure there is not enough bodykits for AU's out there. Good to see someone making new stuff but not for me thanks.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2005, 12:09 PM   #46
DailyDriver

The bodykit on my car really transforms it into something unique and it makes people look at it..which is what I like. I wouldn't of bought an AU SR standard as it just doesn't have the look, but once the wheels and bodykit were added it makes me want to look at it which tells me the avergae Joe will look at it to...including Commodore owners!

All Go.......VXSS.....380bhp

All Show...2001 AU2 SR...210bhp...SOLD!
DailyDriver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2005, 12:51 PM   #47
stiddy
Banned

hmmm yes true, not really something to fuss over... BUT, i still think, TE50's XR50's kits should stay with AU..
BA GT, phoon kits and whatever else should stay with BA's instead of chopping and changing it..
its like and un writen law.. lol
Maybe i should go get a XR50 kit, mould modify and make it fit an EF??? that would make it look F#cken 193786346 times better.. yeah?
or the same with a BA, a nice AU XR50 front bar on a BA..

yeah you still know what the car is... and you'd shake your head at it..
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2005, 01:17 PM   #48
jspec_sti

I don't think I'll be replacing my Racing Bodykit any time soon!
jspec_sti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2005, 11:32 PM   #49
Tornado
AKA MYTE8

Speaking of BA and AU check this car out.
AU with a BA XR front.
http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/Deskt...ias=carpointau
Old 08-12-2005, 11:34 PM   #50
LUXO_8
windsor user

looks too wrong on a sedan
but on the right ute or wagon could look very good......

although, i'd have the AWC T3 wagon kit instead of BA front on a wagon i think.....
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2005, 11:45 PM   #51
Tornado
AKA MYTE8

The back of a BA wagon doesn't look all that different from EL onwards and the utes all look very similar at the back. It will just look like a BA wagon or ute, nothing different or special there, But on the sedan the *** ends are very different and stands out as the back is clearly AU.
I don't think it look bad at all, I think it looks good.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:25 PM   #52
GleeV8wgn
Starter Motor

Good to hear the differing opinions. I currently have the C2R front end on my AU series 3 V8 wagon. I am waiting on the guys at AWC to complete the TS 50 rear bar for the wagon. C2R did not have the wagon sideskirts or rear bar, and i aint gunna bother about buying a TS 50 front bar and sideskirts if the wagon rear bar will not be available. Karn you blokes at AWC, get that TS50 rear wagon bar finished!!!!
It would be great if they would make the bonnet bulge fit the AU series 2 on etc.
GleeV8wgn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2006, 05:08 PM   #53
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I've said it b4 in a few threads - Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think it looks aight, but for a kit like that, you wouldn't wanna just wack it on a stocko forte.
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2006, 05:10 PM   #54
sfr rob

WOW..... were did you dig this thread up from?
i still havent seen an AU with the GT front on yet!
Old 11-01-2006, 05:12 PM   #55
sfr rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by GleeV8wgn
Good to hear the differing opinions. I currently have the C2R front end on my AU series 3 V8 wagon. I am waiting on the guys at AWC to complete the TS 50 rear bar for the wagon. C2R did not have the wagon sideskirts or rear bar, and i aint gunna bother about buying a TS 50 front bar and sideskirts if the wagon rear bar will not be available. Karn you blokes at AWC, get that TS50 rear wagon bar finished!!!!
It would be great if they would make the bonnet bulge fit the AU series 2 on etc.
you can buy the bulge on its own and get it grafter onto your bonnet then just a respray, i saw a red wagon in melb with ts50 front and sides, but no rear and a bulge that looked like crap, it was screwed into the bonnet!
Old 11-01-2006, 06:58 PM   #56
FalKeen
FTF Car Club NSW

well be doing the AU2 boss bonnet some time this year.

cheers
Adam
FalKeen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2006, 07:38 PM   #57
XR6Stu

I like the series one side skirts better than most ot her Ive seen. AT least from the pics. Overall, Im nto a huge fan.
XR6Stu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post